Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVIDIA Folding GPU2 Client is HERE!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

christ, thats alot. Imagine what a q9770 with a quad 9800 setup would give.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Not a lot more. :) 'Cos its only single card support for now IIRC. Processor doesn't seem to matter much either. Guys are hauling a$$ with AMD chips too. :) The NVidia 280GTX is ripping the floor up with 8-9k PPD taking home. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Tried it on a 9600GT yesterday and was getting about 1400 PPD from it - not as great as the above claims but still a hell of a lot more than the CPU clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Ya.. you SHOULD be getting x2 this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I cant confirm for sure but does this only work on 8/9000 series cards ?

• Advertisement

It only works on CUDA-enabled graphics cards:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_learn_products.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I run f@h on an 8800gtx. Question: It goes to sleep sometimes after sending results and doesn't download a new job. I find a restart of the client fixes it. Is there something wrong with my config?

Other question. Why does the gpu do so much more work than my cpu (AMD64 dual core 4400)?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

because GPU's are way more powerful.

What's it saying in the log after it sends results? You should check out the official forums to see if anyone's having the same problems: http://foldingforum.org/

GPUs aren't necessarily more powerful, they are just designed for more specific purposes.

Advertisement