Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being Bugged

Options
  • 19-06-2008 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Basically I and my family and some others are under surveillence by a private investigator hired by a well known Irish business.

To cut a long story short we KNOW that we are bugged - audio, video, analogue phone, mobile and Internet - the whole lot. Also our cars bugged.

Ive been told its a private detective whos an ex guard. He gets access to the mobile phone tapping through friends in the Garda Siochana and uses criminals that he got to know through his job as a guard to take the risk putting the bugging devices in place.

Any advice on how to deal with this piece of s*it?

Also, does the Gardai know that this is going on? If they do its a scandal!

Also, the "ex" criminals get €600 per day so the PI must be on some dosh but none of them are paying tax. Anyone know how to contact customs? What are customs not doing something about this?

I have talked to a Garda and the PSNI informally about the above and they confirmed that this goes on. But I need help so any advice appreciated.

Anyone else experience this.

Apologies if the post is quite serious, Im not looking for legal advice.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

How exactly to you know you're being bugged? And do you know why? If you've found devices, just bring the guards over and show them. And how do you know he's paying €600 per day to people? It also wouldn't be customs who you call, it'd be the tax office.

In the very end, do nothing. If you really are under surveillance, the detective guy will cost a fortune. So if you do nothing for a couple of months, he'll have nothing to bring back to his client, and will have just cost them a fortune, so they'll just fire him. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

humanji wrote: »
    How exactly to you know you're being bugged? And do you know why? If you've found devices, just bring the guards over and show them. And how do you know he's paying €600 per day to people? It also wouldn't be customs who you call, it'd be the tax office.

In the very end, do nothing. If you really are under surveillance, the detective guy will cost a fortune. So if you do nothing for a couple of months, he'll have nothing to bring back to his client, and will have just cost them a fortune, so they'll just fire him. Simple.

Good points thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Interesting post. I've read a lot online about surveillance, there's lots of information about it. One of the most revealing I read was that not all surveillance is actually designed to be covert. It's no accident or sloppy work if you discover someone is watching you. Sometimes those who watch you want you to know you're being watched. I suppose you could call it harassment/surveillance or overt surveillance. It causes more stress, paranoia and disruption to the subject. It sounds as if thats the strategy being used in your case. Knowing that maybe gives you some control over your reactions. Don't let the perpetrators affect you in this way, just getting on with your life as normal could be the best method of defense.

My advice is, trust your instincts, if you feel you're being monitored and under surveillance, you are, simple as that. How many people have irrational and completely unfounded feelings of being watched, when they're not? I'd say less than 5% of the population. So most people should trust their feelings, they're usually based on reality. There's some counter-surveillance techniques you can try here: http://www.gadget-playground.com/counter-surveillance-techniques.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Thanks for the repost update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

humanji wrote: »

Still waiting on an explanation of this tbh.... €600 a day for ex-criminals to perform illegal duties... let's say I'm highly skeptical of this! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement