Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a thought

Options
  • 19-06-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Lads this is going to sound thick but has anyone ever tought of getting stickers (the ones that go on you rear car window) to let other airsofters know you are also a part of the community. They wouldn't have to be loud It could be done softly like don't rattle my BB's,or you wouldn't get this close in a skirmish .might also stop some road rage. only an idea!!!!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Do you really want to advertise to the local thugs/burglars that you have replica guns in your home?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

You know, I kinda thought of that, but I thought I didn't want to attract any attention to my new hobbie, just yet! For all the right reasons of course.

Its the wrong attention the made me think twice, I had a great idea for a surfer bumper sticker" surfers do it with guns" (short fast boards) then I thought, somebody is gonna pick that up wrong and think either I'm a gansta wanna be, or there could be the chance of something in my car!!! worse still attract the wrong kind of attention from the Guards so i thought maybe not...;)

As above, worse still as Crazy Rabbit said, maybe not a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

Not unless they follow you home:). Thats what I ment about not being loud, Something that only a person who airsofts would undertand. Not follow me to a replica weapon, But I do see what you mean , maybe not such a good idea than

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Something only other airsofters would recognize.

Um ... you mean like a "gang symbol" or the insignia of a "secret society" ?

... dont enough people think we are a danger to the community without re-enforcing the stereotype of the angry gun-nut?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

Yeah, something like they mark open networks or the way beggars mark homes where you will get money and stuff. Seen that many times down in Germany. A circle with an opening on the left means unprotected wireless network. We would need something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

being im officialy awake 40 hours reading this made me laugh,

just a few suggestions

-silicon oil on board

-6mm club

-secret skirmish society nobody knows about but us with the bumper sticker

-my other aeg is a classic army

-acu or us

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

How about BB club (Big B**bs?)....AEG club (washing machines ?)....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Very simply a graphic 328! We'll all know exactly what it means but the car jacking thugs wont have a clue.

Document Trim Size
    122mm x 122mm
    1440 x 1440 pixels

Printable Area Size
    114mm x 114mm
    1350 x 1350 pixels

Five for £12...I like it. Mods can you add a poll?(serious interest only...).
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Gatling wrote: »
    being im officialy awake 40 hours reading this made me laugh,

just a few suggestions

-silicon oil on board

-6mm club

-secret skirmish society nobody knows about but us with the bumper sticker

-my other aeg is a classic army

-acu or us

I think the obvious bumper sticker has to be - "Take your hits - Learn from them"

Vague enough for the average Joe, but obvious to an airsofter.

• Advertisement

Shiva wrote: »
    I think the obvious bumper sticker has to be - "Take your hits - Learn from them"

Vague enough for the average Joe, but obvious to an airsofter.

Yeah, and that'll fit pretty much perfect. Any kinda symbol/graphic to go along with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Yeah, and that'll fit pretty much perfect. Any kinda symbol/graphic to go along with it?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a graphic. the average Joe will read it as some kind of life-lesson (i.e. - s**t happens, learn from it), whereas an Airsofter will cop it immediately. Unless he's a cheatin' bugger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

Shiva wrote: »

But could you imagine the irony if you hit someone with your car? It wouldnt be good at all.

Id say a small not-obvious graphic would be good. on my own car ive a US desert camo spare wheel cover wich is more so to show my support for the troops in Afghanistan. Ive often had small kids thinking its an army jeep and im some wierd long haird soldier - I just say sssshhhhhh, Im under cover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

how about: say allo to my little balls:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Something only other airsofters would recognize.

Um ... you mean like a "gang symbol" or the insignia of a "secret society" ?

... dont enough people think we are a danger to the community without re-enforcing the stereotype of the angry gun-nut?;)

Plus they'll shout,

IAA CONSPIRACY!

With their secret society of friends and stickers, we don't like 'em and we 'aint got a better suggestion!

Do you lads want a sticker for the bumper or a window decal? Personally I'd go with the decal. I'm looking at the costs now, should only be around E3 each, not bad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Window decal would be best. After all we're not yanks :D

I'll do one up but I cant till I get back(Monday), no PS here :( Anyone care to do it before then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

also, stickers on paint is bad.
    Stickers on windows however is okay as it comes off alot cleaner.

There is already cool airsoft slogans out there, no need to make a new one.

I vote "I (heart) Ball Ammo"

Done in a "I (heart) N Y" style square where the "i" and the heart are on top and the Ball Ammo is on the Bottom.

Advertisement