Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which one?

Options
  • 18-06-2008 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

The difference in price of these two is about 100euro but thats not really the problem. just wondering which one is the best as far as accuracy and realism:

Steyr SSG Sniper Rifle

or

Well L96 Sniper

anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

lot of guys seem to like the L96, Eirsoft.ie has them(or maybe not!) they're selling like hot cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My brother got his L96 today, pretty nice i gotta say, have no experience with the SSG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cork Protestant

cheers lad. They're out of them at the moment. Tony said they'll be back in a few weeks. my firsts sniper rifle so I'm a little unsure on which way to go. the L96 does come with scope et al, but dunno if thats the reason it seems so popular?

zero19 wrote: »
    My brother got his L96 today, pretty nice i gotta say, have no experience with the SSG

hows the accuracy?? heard it was a bit hit and miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

heard great things about the SSG; if I was getting a sniper rifle (I may in future) I'd go for the SSG set at Main Irish Airsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

The ssg is fine but personnaly (bias, i have one) i think the l96 is better because you get a scope and bipod with it. It is much quieter than the ssg which is important when skirmishing. The accuracy on mine is fine but if others are a bit off......
    If you don't plan on skirmishing, the ssg is the best option. If you will be skirmishing go with the l96.
    The one problem with the l96 is the barrel can be bent out of place easily.

nah, not planning any skirmishing with this one. just to have and shoot at various target stuff. the l96 is drawing my eye, just dont know if its because it comes with scope and bipod :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

SSG comes with scope & case, bipods are cheap.
    http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=364

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Man, that a tough one, I ain't into the sniper scene but these two are kinda neck and neck, although a mate of mine has ordered the L96 and expects it imminantly, and at 170.00 with all the extras....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I'd go with the L96, have an SSG and have fired the L96, neither really compare to my lovely PSG-1, but personally I prefer the looks of the L96, more upgrade parts available for it too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I'll be getting an L96 myself, tony got a batch of OD ones that look the business if ya dont want the regular black one, very similar to the Accuracy International the irish army use so im dead keen on getting one. from what ive seen with the SSg they usually come in at about the 270fps mark and i dunno what the situation is with stronger springs at the moment.,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

From what I've seen of them there isn't much difference between the two. Have you held a 96 or SL series before? They're quite unique and may not be to everyones tastes. Also, the SSG my be a little lighter and easier to move with. In the end its personal choice I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭gunner_twotone

I have both myself!

I got the L96 first in black. It fires well and is accurate, very accurate!
    I gave it a small paint job so its now OD and black, looks the job!

The SSG is also a great shot, though somewhat lighter and a fraction shorter its a lovely piece, I also gave it a paint job and it looks like the real thing!

The L96 comes with a good scope and bi pods but spare mags can be hard to get!( at the moment anyway )

The SSG on its own or with the deal the lads have gets you the scope and a rifle bag ( I heard the sights have to come off to fit in the bag buts that not a big task )And mags can be got from the lads.

MIA are having a demo day in June, (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055316489)

Id say the lads might let you try each type before you buy

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lambchops

The SSG on its own or with the deal the lads have gets you the scope and a rifle bag ( I heard the sights have to come off to fit in the bag buts that not a big task )And mags can be got from the lads.

Got the scope and rifle bag deal on the ssg from the lads in mia myself and even with the scope attached it fits securely into the rifle bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭gunner_twotone

lambchops wrote: »
    Got the scope and rifle bag deal on the ssg from the lads in mia myself and even with the scope attached it fits securely into the rifle bag.

Ah good stuff!

Then for the money I think the SSG is the best starter you can get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Gotta recommend that L96, had it out at HRTA for a few hours and its dead accurate.
    Personally dont like SSG's so im a bit biased.

cheers for all the advise lads. In the end I went for the L96. can't friken wait to have it in my hands!

side note though, which is the best airsoft sniper rifle??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the VSR G-Spec is concidered the best of them all. with a 1J spring its one hell of a performer and super quiet too.,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

i have used both and i prefare the l96 i used to use the vsr and if your looking for something nice and extremly quite go for the l96 really accurate and reliable. but then it also depends on what you prefare the look of and the intended use

Advertisement