Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear Card sees Netgear Router but won't connect

Options
  • 18-06-2008 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Having lost the original copy of Windows XP for my Fujitsu Siemens laptop moving flat (dopey, I know) - I had to install from a generic Windows copy at work when (as Windows tends to do) it went pear shaped.

That lost me my ability to use the laptops internal wifi antennae. Nothing I could find on the Fujitsu-Siemens, would get the new Windows see it was there.

So in an attempt to get the laptop to connect to the home Netopia setup, went and got a Netopia Wireless 3D Card.

Happy days almost. The laptop now sees the Netopia connection, even that the signal strength is excellent, etc

But for some reason just won't make the connection.

I'm sure there is proably something simple I am doing wrong on the laptop side, but having tried everything I can think of for weeks now, nothing seems to work.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What you probably needed for the fujitsu was the driver for whatever integrated wireless card was in it. What model no is it as a matter of interest?

Do you have any security on the router such as mac filtering?

Is the wireless card set to get an ip address automaticially?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Thanks a million.

Disabling the "Limit Wireless Access by Mac address" did the trick.

I knew it was going to be something straigtforwardish, ......

Thanks again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It would be worth pursuing the original wireless driver for the laptop.

Advertisement