Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas to live in Carlow

Options
  • 18-06-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I am wondering what areas people would recommend to live in, in Carlow. I read a post where someone wrote to PM them for their opinion. But I can't find the post.

I don't wish to start a war of words, so if you would rather, you can send me a message. I am just interested to gauge which areas are better then others.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I live in Dolmen Gardens at the minute. Its very nice here but I'll be moving to Anglers walk next month. I used to live there too and its also very nice.
    Have you looked anywhere yet ?
    Are you actually in carlow yet?

is this the post you were looking for?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55862852&postcount=44

• Registered Users Posts: 44 clairesheara

Got here yesterday:) I have had a wander down to the main shopping area??? Around Tescos. But it was all closed so will go wander around again today. But am in accommodation on my own, which after travelling and hostels seems VERY quiet

Welcome to Carlow so!!!
    Where are you staying at the minute and what type of accomodation are you looking for now?

I am staying newar the hospital. My employer has given me accommodation for 6 weeks.

I am looking to share with people (2-3) who are around or close-ish to my age. Friendly and social (need to meet people). Hopefully within a short-ish walk to the hospital.

you can search for shared accom on daft.ie
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have had a look and there seems to be quite a few places available (I wish it was a little more specific ie about the housemates so I could narrow it down :() But it is a little harder as I don't know the area. I am not in a rush as I have a place. But I would like to find some housemates to talk to soon or I will be holding up the queue at Tescos just so I can have a conversation with the checkout chick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I will be holding up the queue at Tescos just so I can have a conversation with the checkout chick

Hey cant be any worse than those people who insist on using the self checkouts when clearly they should be allowed to control a shopping trolley or even a shopping basket :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭inarut

Going back to the original thread- nice places in Carlow to live include anywhere around the kilkenny/green roads/quinagh/browneshill/oak park or certain areas closer to the town centre such as haymarket or anglers walk area etc.
    Not so nice-some estates around the tullow road area... Pm if you want more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rosyposy

hi, dont live in town but in the county, having grown up in dublin i have very little to ask for when i go shopping in carlow, not to small but plenty of activity going on, and i think its very underestimated/under-rated.not a bad town;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Welcome to carla!:D

you're one of us now:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hey cant be any worse than those people who insist on using the self checkouts when clearly they should be allowed to control a shopping trolley or even a shopping basket :mad:
    those bloody self service checkouts never work!

foggy_lad wrote: »
    those bloody self service checkouts never work!

Ah they do work, very handy for a few items but there are just too many people who dont understand the concept.

Ah they do work, very handy for a few items but there are just too many people who dont understand the concept.

+1

ShayK1 wrote: »
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

when you're looking for a place just remember not to cross the river! :p

yeah cause then you'd have to go here
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=937

:D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭steve66

Montgomery street is near the hospital, and is pretty quiet.
    Actually, you might find it unnaturally quiet.
    although that might be changing
    quote from "The irish emigrant"
    "Carlow: Carlow to go high rise
    Thursday, 10 July 2008
    Riada Developments is hoping to replace a building on Montgomery Street in Carlow with a seven-storey construction comprising eighty-two apartments and a new medical centre. The development company has lodged a planning application with the county council for the second time, after the first attempt was refused by An Bord Pleanála. The Montgomery Street site is that on which stood the Celtic Linen laundry, which will have to be demolished before construction begins, and the new building will join the almost completed Shamrock Plaza on Carlow's skyline."

But a friend wondered why they want to build more apartments if there so many empty ones there.
    Hmm, I'm not quite sure how he knows this.
    M

Advertisement