Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any1 any ideas

Options
  • 18-06-2008 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

That is me booting up after I installed xp onto my system, the click u hear is my hard drive, suggestions?

youtube link is embedding isnt workin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWUFuQt2JpI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭pdevo

have you tried safe mode and see can you get in then.there is not alot to go on in the video. have you tried anything to try narrow down the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭BizzyLizzy

j0e wrote: »
    That is me booting up after I installed xp onto my system, the click u hear is my hard drive, suggestions?

youtube link is embedding isnt workin

There are issues with XP SP3 which causes problems on some systems such as HP PCs and AMD processors and some security programs.

I couldn't see what was happening when you were booting so it is difficult to make suggestions without knowing the specifics of your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

I havent got any serivce packs installed just whatever was on the cd, tried switching monitors it isnt that it does boot in safe mode, all i can think of is ethier hdd is fubard or its my gfx card

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I havent got any serivce packs installed just whatever was on the cd, tried switching monitors it isnt that it does boot in safe mode, all i can think of is ethier hdd is fubard or its my gfx card
    If your hearing clicks the hard drive is on the way out, dont bother trying to use it and buy a new one & reinstall xp...

Nick

its odd changed the gfx card, and that seems to have done the job, I'm wondering now is it cause my gfx is burnt out or because the card I replaced it with doesn't require a power connection from the PSU?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

its odd changed the gfx card, and that seems to have done the job, I'm wondering now is it cause my gfx is burnt out or because the card I replaced it with doesn't require a power connection from the PSU?
    Video card could have caused it, although if the hard drive is clicking a bit, its not a good idea to be trusting it much, run diagnostgics on it if you can, and replace it if its gone dodgy, I find it hard to belive a video card would cause transfer issiues during xps install

Nick

got everything up and running now, i just have a few problems, my amd 3000xp is being recogised as 1.04ghz and my 250gig hard drive which i partitioned into 100gig 100gig and 50gig is only being seen as a 97gig partition and a 32gig partition. oh the joys of computing

Advertisement