Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which came first,

Options
  • 18-06-2008 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

The chicken or the egg?

OK, got you reading, now for the point.

Does anyone know anyone with any eggs for hatching, or very young chicks in or around County Donegal?

I bought a couple of layers a year or so ago, and they are doing well. Well, the one that didn't get eaten is doing well. Thing is, she's "clucking", and hasn't moved off the next of unfertilised eggs in about 10 days or so. Which again, is a good sign. Thing, is, no one seemed to tell her about the bit that requires a male chicken, i.e. in order to make baby chickens... so I'm looking to either get some eggs for under her for hatching, or to really confuse her, some very young chicks, which she'll think are her own.

Any ideas? Anyone?

I can't believe there isn't someone out there trying to get rid of chicks, or eggs.

Thanks in advance

JM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Put your clucking hen into a dark box for 2-4 days (what I used to use was an old creamery can). If she gets no light and has very restricted movement, she get over her clucking. Don't forget to feed her.

Advertisement