Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landmark for a Wedding?

Options
  • 18-06-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

All going well, I'm getting married next year and i'm looking at wedding venues at the moment. I'll be getting married in Sligo but am considering having the reception in the Landmark, Carrick-on-Shannon. (We have already looked at all other venue possibilities in Sligo.)
    Would love to hear people's opinions on the following:
    1) Has anyone been to a wedding at the Landmark....what did you think of the food/service/accommodation etc.?
    2) Would you consider 45 minutes from church to reception too far of a distance for people to drive? (we would probably have some sort of nibbly bits for them once they get to the hotel to take the edge off the hunger ....!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Landmark is lovely. food and service are excellent. Location is great. Nice to nip over to the Anchorage or somewhere for a quick drink and a change of scenary.
    And it's only really 30minutes really. I was at a wedding last year and the reception was nearly 1.5hours from the church. That was too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tiddlywink

Thanks for that.
    Just 2 other things:
    Seeing as the hotel is in town, did you find that the wedding crowd tended to get split up by going to other pubs etc.?
    Secondly, is it right that the landmark has a nightclub? Would that impact on the wedding in anyway do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

I was at a wedding there about 7 years ago.
    Went very well but everyone was buying drinks for everyone and the staff took some money of two people for the same drinks a few times, shouldn't be a big problem if ppl know what they're at. Easier said than done after a dozen pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

tiddlywink wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    Just 2 other things:
    Seeing as the hotel is in town, did you find that the wedding crowd tended to get split up by going to other pubs etc.?
    Secondly, is it right that the landmark has a nightclub? Would that impact on the wedding in anyway do you think?

Landmark has a fantastic 'residents bar' which is soundproof and has a piano .....mighty craic for the revellers.

Food and drink is there first thing in the morning or brunch as the case normally is .... can't beat it for a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

tiddlywink wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    Just 2 other things:

It's nice to get away for one or two. The bride and groom are so busy they'll hardly notice or care. And if they're the sort of people who don't bother coming back until the pub shuts, who cares if they get lost along the way?:pac:
    Nightclub is out the back. Never heard noise from it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement