Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Stuff Back to Ireland

Options
  • 18-06-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

I'm moving back in November and I'm wondering whats the best (read: cheap and easy) way to get my stuff home from Belgium. Basically its 5 years of crap that myself and the gf have accumulated plus one or two items of furntiture such as a poker table I made, TV, etc. I'm thinking a removal company is gonna be ridiculously expensive, and the likes of UPS would be awkward given some of the items are heavy/funny shaped. Maybe the best thing would be to get a fried to rent a Tranist in Ireland and drive it here and load it up.

Any one got experience with this, and what it's likely to cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

zuutroy wrote: »
    I'm moving back in November and I'm wondering whats the best (read: cheap and easy) way to get my stuff home from Belgium. Basically its 5 years of crap that myself and the gf have accumulated plus one or two items of furntiture such as a poker table I made, TV, etc. I'm thinking a removal company is gonna be ridiculously expensive, and the likes of UPS would be awkward given some of the items are heavy/funny shaped. Maybe the best thing would be to get a fried to rent a Tranist in Ireland and drive it here and load it up.

Any one got experience with this, and what it's likely to cost?

Could you not just sell/give away most of your crap and then ship the rest of it ?

You could rent a van, drive over + back, would be costing the bones of around a grand with rental, ferry, fuel etc.

Advertisement