Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise Complaint - Can anyone advise?

Options
  • 18-06-2008 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I live beside a giant building site in Louth. There has been a serious amt. of building going on over the last few months at this site. The problem that I have is noise. The builders come in their trucks at 730am, which when empty sounds like a bomb going off over the ramps, they are seriously loud and enough to wake me (very heavy sleeper) up even though my apartment is completely "soundproofed" to the outside. The grinders and drills start up around 750 and I get up for work at 8ish. They also build on Saturdays and start just before 9. They usually finish around when I get back from work at 6.30 but sometimes are still there working away. The windows and doors to balcony can't be opened during this time (even sats) because of all of the dust and dirt getting into the apt. This is becoming more of a problem with the weather heating up and I need to start opening the windows at night.

I read somewhere that there is frequently a specific condition in the granted planning app. relating building times and noise. I've checked the Drogheda Borough Council website but the planning app is no longer online.

I know there's no way that it could be legal to cause such a noise nuiscance but does anyone know how to go about making an official complaint. (PS I've tried the developer, they said that its nothing to do with them, and basically to f*ck off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I live in County Dublin, and there is a building site at the back of my development, and they start arriving for work around 7.20am, and continue till late, and over the past month have been starting work around 8am on Saturday, and some Sundays. As far as I know, work can generally be carried out from 7am onwards, and up until circa 8/9pm, so not sure there is really anything you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You can complain to the local Council but most building sites will have it in the (already granted) planning permission that works will be carried out from 7.30 a.m. to 7 p.m. or so, so there is basically nothing you can do.

Advertisement