Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse Rubbish Collection - Oxigen - Kildare County Council

Options
  • 18-06-2008 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

In April KCC went with a company called Oxigen for Refuse collection. After 2 months where they did not even pick up ONCE on schedule we went with Thorntons (270 approx a year with no bin tags) and hey presto it was picked up on time from the very first day. What a relief from the heartache of dealing with KCC. Does anyone else have this issue?

My advice is to go with Thorntons....

Regards EoC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I had some teething problems with Oxigen, in that they didn't inform anyone that they had changed the collection day from Tuesday to Monday. It took us the best part of two weeks to find out why our bins were not being collected. KCC didn't even know for f*ck sake.

Once we figured out that the day had changed there were no further problems. By that time about half the people on my road had changed to O'Hagans (who had lost the KCC contract). If there are any further problems with Oxigen then I will be switching too. The problem is, my council charge of €180 per year is paid up until next March so I assume I will loose that if I change to the private operator :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

same thing - suddenly collection stopped from KCC. Thought it was because renewal was due (by a week but no bill) but neighbours had same problem.

Switched to AES - KCC didn't reply to queries.

Advertisement