Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some veneer questions

Options
  • 18-06-2008 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

I've been looking into the idea of getting some veneers for my top teeth, most likely north of the border, but I've still got a few questions that maybe some of you can clear up for me.

Firstly, I know the procedure involves thinning away the teeth and putting a strip over them, but I've heard that after a few years the teeth can get worn down and can look pretty bad. Has anyone found this to be the case and if this does happen, is there a way to improve the teeth again down the line?

Also, how long does the procedure tend to be and is it painful?

Finally, are you advised to avoid certain foods in order to keep the teeth in good condition or is that not an issue?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement