Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostel/Group accomodation in Roscommon

Options
  • 17-06-2008 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey Roscommon Boarders!

I'm desperately looking for a hostel or similar accommodation in Roscommon. We're planning to go there this weekend, and we can only find a campsite. Only that we want a more social weekend, rather than a tent-pitching occasion (which we usually don't mind doing), so we're looking for a hostel.

There is about 9 of us going, and it's for two nights. We would like any help recommending a place that we could go to, but hostel would be prefered, as price is in our range and it suits are requirements.

I have tried many different websites using search facilities, but none deliver information.

I hope someone can offer some advice for me, and I appreciate that you took the time to read this message.

Many thanks,

Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chahop

Dave

I dont know of any Hostel in roscommon the Abbey and Gleasons would be out if cost is an issue, try the local b+bs or Jacksons or The Coachmans they might do deals for large groups. Best of luck hope ye have a good time in Roscommon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭David O'Keeffe

chahop wrote: »
    Dave

I dont know of any Hostel in roscommon the Abbey and Gleasons would be out if cost is an issue, try the local b+bs or Jacksons or The Coachmans they might do deals for large groups. Best of luck hope ye have a good time in Roscommon.
    Thanks chahop for your response! I really appreciate it.

I will certainly try them; hopefully it works out!

Can't wait to go now, thank you!

Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

There is the hotel, Hannon's, on the Athlone Road although expect anything fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chahop

So Dave how did your trip to Roscommon work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭David O'Keeffe

chahop,

The trip was excellent. It turned out to be great. We all went to the Boda Borg complex in Lough Key Forest Park, an exhibit I highly recommend. We were catering for a group of young adults, aged 17+, and they loved this place.

However, we could not sort any accommodation in Roscommon, so we went further afield and got accommodation in The Gyreum (www.gyreum.com) and stayed there. It was very unusual, but it was most enjoyable.

Overall, a successful trip.

I love Roscommon!

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement