Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vga Box

Options
  • 17-06-2008 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know the best/cheapest place in Ireland online/store to get a device like this? Just want to play my Xbox on my laptops screen....Maplins as expected charging insane prices.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Laptops don't generally have any video inputs. Sure, you could connect a capture card but that's no good if you're gaming and need to respond quickly. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah I was thinking of a capture device but then thought it would probably lag horribly, even imagine quality aside....hmmm. Just getting sick of using a banjaxed old 14" in my room.

The lag is pretty bad. Last time I tried it, it was about 1-2 seconds. It's bad enough waiting for the OSD to update let alone any game-play.

Hate to say it, but you're probably better off with a decent portable to be honest, in all its HD glory :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

why dont you just buy a xbox vga cable and hook it up to yoru monitor ?

Anti wrote: »
    why dont you just buy a xbox vga cable and hook it up to yoru monitor ?
    The OP wants to use a laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

last time I checked maplin had one. I got one for like 50 or 60 quid off them. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=217685&criteria=vga%20box&doy=18m6 something like that. I went in and they had a cheaper one in store... Ask someone inside who looks like a gamer. If you can go with the high def one, cause of the xbox, assuming your laptop supports it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah I want to use my laptop though, not a monitor....

What about express card slot - anything I could use there?

My laptop itself has no input....just rgb out.

Advertisement