Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupit Noob TNT Question

Options
  • 17-06-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Alright lads, I know its probably a dumbass question but is the 'Destination' on the TNT tracker page the destination the parcel is going to be delivered to? The only reason I'm asking is because I'm looking at an order from RedWolf and TNT says its destination is Shannon while I live well over 100miles away! Ahhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Its probably their nearest hub to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

gandalf wrote: »

I was thinking that but Dublin is closer (under 100miles by road vs about 130 or over for Shannon). I have this sudden sinking feeling they screwed up my address (it contains Shannon, but the one in Clare)! And much as it saddens me to say it I've never had any problems with An Post, couriers on the other hand have given me nothing but trouble. sob :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Best advice would be to ring them first thing in the morning so and check what address they have on file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I was thinking that but Dublin is closer (under 100miles by road vs about 130 or over for Shannon). I have this sudden sinking feeling they screwed up my address (it contains Shannon, but the one in Clare)! And much as it saddens me to say it I've never had any problems with An Post, couriers on the other hand have given me nothing but trouble. sob :(:(

I've known TNT to use duplicate numbers - you could be looking at someone else's package.

If you'll pardon the expression :)

Shiva wrote: »
    I've known TNT to use duplicate numbers - you could be looking at someone else's package.

If you'll pardon the expression :)

LOL :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Its the right one, its got my order num from RedWolf on it and the other one with the same number was already delivered to somewhere in slovakia (sic). I'm guessing they've screwed up my address (it has 'Shannon' in it but I live in Leitrim not Clare!)

I'll give them a buzz in the morning, see whats happening with it. Thanks for the help folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I have to admit, TNT are fairly reliable.

And they always recycle tracking numbers.
    I found this out the hard way after having a heart attack seeing that not only was my package en route to India, but it had arrived there!......................three weeks before I ordered it.

gandalf wrote: »

Yip, called them today and Shannon the hub that covers my end of the country.

I have to admit, TNT are fairly reliable.

They may be reliable but they've turned out slower than EMS! EMS from Hong Kong sitting in Portlaoise Overseas An Post joint while TNT is having a rest in Frankfurt airport - both shipped on the same day!!! Lovely :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I can't explain their short comings ofcourse!
    I was just sharing my experiences!

Advertisement