Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAL/SLR Lovers.

Options
  • 17-06-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Am Due to get a Star L1A1 SLR courtesy of Eirsoft any day
    now. Its stuck in the Finglas post office.

Just realized that the AEG has an automatic setting.
    But the fire selector switch is physically shaped so it wont allow you to select the Auto setting. (Probably to keep it historically accurate)

The feckers at Star also released a different lever to allow you
    to pop it on for the auto for those who want it.
    (For the price you pay for a STAR youd think they would throw it in for freee)
    http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=2840

Also I ordered one of these just now, so hopefully they are in stock
    and fire support will ship without issue:
    http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3115

Now I just got to find an Scope for her to finish her off.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You'll be wanting a trilux scope then. The cheapest place to get them is ebay.com. There's a guy who has them up for sale all the time. Here you go -

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRILUX-SCOPE-L2A2-w-Mounting-Refurbished-Excellent_W0QQitemZ260250724424QQihZ016QQcategoryZ31714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You'll need a new dust cover to mount it on. I know king arms do one with a weaver rail. What you'll then need is a trilux to weaver mount.

You can also get dust covers with trilux mounts welded to them, but they're a bit more expensive.

Oh and congrats on the new purchase. I now hate you even more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I will want pics and a review asap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

o1s1n wrote: »

Ohhh Drool.

Cheers for the Link! Pricey but its a real steel scope and I also collect Militaria when I can so I think it will be a purchase.

I've ordered a dust cover but its the star brand one which I think but not 100% Sure maybe a Picatinny rail. Weaver should fit on a Picatinny but not the other way round if I recall correctly.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

bullets wrote: »
    Ohhh Drool.

Cheers for the Link! Pricey but its a real steel scope and I also collect Militaria when I can so I think it will be a purchase.

I've ordered a dust cover but its the star brand one which I think but not 100% Sure maybe a Picatinny rail. Weaver should fit on a Picatinny but not the other way round if I recall correctly.

~B

That scope was refurbished, hence the price. He does ones that have a few knocks and no AR mount for $129 or so. Although to be honest it's worth the extra cost to have a nice fixed up one. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ive seen your Fal in the flesh bullets and im pretty sure you are gonna be very impressed with it., its defo on my list of must haves now., :) The weight alone is brilliant but the finish on it is flawless.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Dirty......:D

HOLY CRAP! Got it 5 mins ago.
    The Quality of this thing is absolutely unreal!!!! :D:D:D:D

I was going to swap out the handguard but the quality is so high I dont
    think I will need to!!

This is my new all time favourite AEG!!!

Thank you eirsoft.ie another very satisfied customer.

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

LOL., I knew it., :D

pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, please, plese. please.:)

Will take pics when the weather clears up, its pouring down rain all
    day long down here.

Just posted over on the trouble shooting section. Took it home,
    and it aint working like it should.

~B

• Advertisement

Oh poo:( see that, relax man, Shiva will sort it....although its a real kick in the balls when a new piece of kit is finicky.....hope it all works out mate.

Advertisement