Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Blanchardstown

Options
  • 17-06-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi, I will be getting a train upto Dublin soon enough. I hardly know my way around the city and will be arriving in Connolly station. I need to get to Blanchardstown shopping centre and was hoping to find out whats the best way to get there. what buses? does the Luas go there. Direction from O' Connell street would be great...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Polar101

Bus 39 or 39C go to the shopping centre. That's the easiest way, since you won't have to change buses/trains. No LUAS service there. 39's go from Hawkins Street just across the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭riiight!

ok thanks. how long would the journey be approx? are the routes of the 39 and 39c the same one weekends and weekdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

Hi there you need to get to HAWKINS STREET for the 38/38a.Coming from connolly walk towards the liffey .Go across the liffey and turn right heading towards o Connell bridge .When you are about 50feet from o Connell bridge Hawkins street is the turn on the left .Hope this helps .It is about 10 mins from connolly .

thanks a million for the replies. I have read that the bus journey can take ages due to traffic and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=39

Journey Time - 85 mins approx.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=38

Length of time depends on the traffic which depends on the time of day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mully

If you are getting a train to Connolly, check out the timetable for the Maynooth & Longford trains.

Both Castleknock & Coolmine stations are about a 15/20min walk from Shopping Centre. Fairly straight forward walks. Check google maps for directions.

The train is far quicker than the bus, & should be empty enough to get a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'd say 45 minutes on the 39.. (give or take an hour. :p) the 39 and 39c routes are the same to Blanch Shopping Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Mully wrote: »
    If you are getting a train to Connolly, check out the timetable for the Maynooth & Longford trains.

Both Castleknock & Coolmine stations are about a 15/20min walk from Shopping Centre. Fairly straight forward walks. Check google maps for directions.

+1
    The bus is sloooooooooow.
    Since you'll be in Connolly you may as well get the train from there.
    You'll get a seat no problem.

Just don't get out in Broombridge!

oh that sounds good. I will be going past Longford and Maynooth on my train journey to dublin so should I get off at Maynooth or go to Connolly station and then get the other train?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭markpb

I'd third this, it's the the fastest and most comfortable way to get ther. Shouldn't take more than 40 minutes. Like Mully said, it's fairly straight forward. If you go to Coolmine, cross the tracks and go straight up Coolmine Rd, keep going straight across Delwood Rd and you'll come to a T-junction. Cross the road and go into the park. Keep going straight through the park and take either Snugborogh Rd or Verdmond Rd and you'll end up at the back of the centre.

[url=http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=
    107317174010843646552.00044fdd151fdcd4b64a5]map[/url]

• Advertisement

ok this seems like by far the best way to travel.thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If your train stops in Coolmine on the way to Connolly then get off there.

Advertisement