Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig Available - 27th June, Cherry Tree, Walkinstown

Options
  • 17-06-2008 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

We have had to cancel a gig we had lined up in the Cherry Tree in Walkinstown for the 27th June.

If any bands out there are interested in taking over the slot please pm me.

It is 330€ in.PA/house engineer/door. Any money made on the door is yours. (So just need 33 people at 10 euro a head to cover the cost).
    Place holds 150. doors open: 8:30, gig: 9-12, so plenty of time to get a support act or two in if necessary.

PM me or email ken@chaykamusic.com for info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Chayka

We will have to cancel the venue tomorrow, so if anyone is interested in this please contact me ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Chayka wrote: »
    It is 330€ in.PA/house engineer/door. Any money made on the door is yours. (So just need 33 people at 10 euro a head to cover the cost).
    Wow. :eek:
    It's amazing what some people perceive as a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Chayka

Savman wrote: »
    Wow. :eek:
    It's amazing what some people perceive as a good deal.

This is what we were being charged for the venue, includes sound engineer, PA etc, door staff and bar man for the night.

We are not making any money from this, I am not connected in any way with the venue, we booked it, now can't do it, so just offering it to anyone who might be interested before we cancel the booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Chayka wrote: »
    This is what we were being charged for the venue, includes sound engineer, PA etc, door staff and bar man for the night.

We are not making any money from this, I am not connected in any way with the venue, we booked it, now can't do it, so just offering it to anyone who might be interested before we cancel the booking.
    I know this, I'm more scoffing at the trend that a band has to pay the Bar's overheads. Great business for the bar, and diminishes them of any responsibility in the equation to get punters in, and the band hardly benefits from this deal.

But that's another day's discussion, I shan't clog up your thread with it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mcdunley

Savman wrote: »
    Great business for the bar, and diminishes them of any responsibility in the equation to get punters in, and the band hardly benefits from this deal.

But that's another day's discussion, I shan't clog up your thread with it.:)

Incredible that the band is expected to pay so much for a place on the outskirts of Dublin; there are venues in town that don't cost that much to rent, where passing trade is far more likely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement