Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection through wireless router timing out on game server

Options
  • 17-06-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im looking for some help on this issue or even pointed in the right direction would be good. I got a wireless router for my apartment and everything seems to be working perfect (i can access the net fine). I set it up without any probs in about 5 minutes. See the model below

Link

I play a fair bit of poker online and was hoping to use the wireless router for this but on a certain site (ipoker incase anyone else has had a similar problem) the connection keeps timing out and kicking me of all the tables. I have tried it on different servers and i can see that it is also timing out but the other servers seem to have a built in back up of something and i dont get kicked of i just get reconnected after a couple of seconds.

Now i never had this problem before and the interesting thing for me is that if i plug the wireless router into a different port in the apartment and connect to the internet through an ethernet cable on a seperate port to the router then i still get timed out:eek:.

I rang Magnet (my ISP) and they said that i couldnt be any of their setting and that it must be some kind of settings on the router which leads me here!

Any ideas are welcome, what settings do you think it might be?

Advertisement