Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humpy Little Thing!

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm posting out of my own curiousity really, anyways....

My friends Chihuahua bitch is constantly humping!!! They bought her a little heart cushion thing when she was a pup and as pups should, she just played with it, throwing it about then grabbing it and scampering off to play somewhere else. The first time we noticed her humping it was when she started bleeding. We put it down to the whole hormonal thing but still thought it really really weird that a bitch would hump...I mean her hip action is 'amazing'. Tell her to stop and she looks up but her hips are still going...

Any ideas what could be going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

She should really be spayed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

That's an option yes but I think they want to get one litter from her before they do that. But isn't it extremely strange for a bitch to hump???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

Our yorkshire terrier bitch humps a monkey teddy that we have for them to play with, around the time she is due to come into heat! She sometimes does it when shes not in or near being in heat but wouldn't think much of it. Probably hormones is all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I have two bitches, both are spayed and both still hump things from time to time. They do stop if i tell them too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Glowing wrote: »
    She should really be spayed!

Why is that? Does every dog need to be neutered or spayed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Killme00 wrote: »
    Why is that? Does every dog need to be neutered or spayed?

It's generally the better thing to do :) - better health wise for the bitch, and responsible since it avoids the risk of unwanted litters. A bitch in heat can be smelled miles away by a dog, and they will do anything to get access to her, no matter how careful you are! Accidents can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jenjo23

I have 2 bitches. One came 6 months after the other. The one that was here 1st tends to hump the other from time to time, especially if she annoys her....it's a dominance thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

My pom bitch has been humping since she was 3 months(had to stop wearing my fluffy boot slippers):o
    Vets do say she should be spayed if shes not going to breed,as the females tend to be prone to tumors later
    if its not done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jenjo23

I was at a puppy class last nite and the vetinary nurse that was doing the training confirmed that it is a dominance thing.

Advertisement