Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians wanted for a serious project

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I'm putting together some musicians for various aspects of a project. Firstly, I'm a Dublin 'burb based solo singer and songwriter. My stuff has been getting media coverage and radio play in various parts of the world over the last year and I've had established producers offering deals to get involved ...yadda, yadda, yadda.:rolleyes: Anywhoo, I've decided to take a slow build approach and am setting up my own label and promotion company to record and promote my debut album in the next few months. I've been playing all the instruments on my recordings so far but it's time to take things up a few notches. So I need some players...

I presently have 1 full time multi-instrumentalist with me and am looking for full band musicians (drums, bass, gtr, keys & harmony vocals) to play with me for gigging, recording and promo stuff like radio, TV etc. I'm after musicians who have good ears and ideas, are fast learners and are serious about what they do, but also realise that if this job isn't fun then you shouldn't be doing it. I imagine someone in their late 20's being a good fit, but I'm 100% open to that being otherwise. I have a high quality studio and experience in using it and am shortly starting a weekly residency in a good venue in Dublin city centre for my original material so there will immediately be a gig every week. I wish to use this to get the band routined and tight like a gnats chuff in front of an audience before moving into recording the album and higher profile gigs.

The music is song based (kind of a bit of rock, bit of soul, bit of pop, bit of funk, bit of world, bit of fun, a bit of poetry, good energy and a lot of melody) and I like my gigs to be fun entertaining shows, not wallflower stuff. Really not into **** musicians either (can I say that?!), no matter how many Yngvie Malmsteen videos you've got. :p You'll need the chops, but it's all about the sound as a whole not the solos.

When the summer is over I'm going to be doing cover version gigs and have been offered a weekly city centre residency for that too. I intend avoiding the cheesy stuff, it's going to be a fun, raucous, soulful kind of thing, probably with a 4 piece vocal ensemble accompanying, and I wish to use the same musicians for that as my original gigs.

If the above sounds interesting to you, PM me with your email, a myspace etc link to you playing if you have it and some details about yourself and we'll take it from there. Don't be shy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

sound like you are getting it toghether... well done sir! :)
    best wishes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Fstudios

Hi Frobisher,

I am a drummer looking for a serious project to get involved with. Not sure how to PM if you could PM me and I'll give you my phone number and see if we can meet in Dublin, if you want to hear my playing you can catch the loading song on this page:

http://www.myspace.com/marzroche

OR

Come to the gig on the 24th June in Crawdaddy...

cheers, Robin

http://www.fundamentalstudios.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Thanks to all for the PM's. Still eager to hear from as many people as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭antopanto

Hello Probisher,

I have been playing percussion for some 20 years, and have played a wide variety of stuff, Cuban, Brazilian, Funk, Soul & Pop music. I have an extensive range of percussion instruments and have my own transport. I was reading your ad, and I am very interested in playing the music which you play, as it has alot of variety, and I would love to be playing these types of music.

My email address is aoflaherty123@hotmail.com
    Kind Regards

Antony

Advertisement