Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet the Managers - Iarnród Éireann Heuston Station 18 June 2008

Options
  • 17-06-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

I suspect a few contributors here may have a few thoughts to share with IÉ management....

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=391

Meet the Managers: Heuston Station, 18th June by Corporate Communications

Meet the Managers at Heuston Station on Wednesday 18th June 2008

Over the coming months Iarnród Éireann will be continuing its programme of face to face meetings of management team and customers.

The next of these meetings will take place in Heuston Station on Wednesday 18th June 2008.

Mr. Ciaran Masterson, Regional Manager for Mainline (Heuston and Cork Districts), along with his management team, will be available to meet customers on the afternoon of Wednesday 18th June 2008 between 4.30pm and 6.30pm at Heuston Station Concourse.

Customers are invited to come along and discuss issues of interest or concern to them with the management team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

This could be interesting. No doubt, they'll be surronded by the security guards from STI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭daheff

hes a brave man...

bet he gives up by 5...probably fed up of people complaining to him about poor service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd like to discuss with them what use if any they have of public transport in getting to and from their CIE job, also why are they supplied with free parking if they have adequate public transport they can avail of, surely they are in no position to make any suggestions about public transport use if they themselves don't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    I'd like to discuss with them what use if any they have of public transport in getting to and from their CIE job, also why are they supplied with free parking if they have adequate public transport they can avail of, surely they are in no position to make any suggestions about public transport use if they themselves don't use it.

I think you're being a bit ignorant with that statement (no offence). These are not the big fat cat businessmen millionaires. This individual in particular is very down to earth and reasonable. If you have genuine concerns and you approach him in a friendly way he will listen (which is more than can be said foe some IR staff).

If you say to him what you just said, I don't think he'll be very responsive. If you work in spar do you have to eat spar products...... be reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Many of the managers in Irish Rail do actually take the train to and from work, including the Chief Executive.

The Chief Executive of Dublin Bus takes the bus to/from work every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    There are two dominant situations:

(a) Staff working odd hours - these often drive or there are some unofficial services to pick up staff.

(b) Staff using public transport because it is free for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

What about the chairman of CIE arriving at the opening of a train station by merc?
    John Lynch going to Docklands... says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

At least on that line they come out + meet you. As a daily commuter on the Northern suburban line for the last 12 years, I have never heard of any of the management team for that line bothering to do something like that.
    They came out to a local community centre one evening about 9 years ago, but too many people started giving out about lack of seats, which they really can do nothing about. They completely missed all the real issues, which IE do control - i.e. lack of announcements during delays, massive gaps in the evening and weekend services, limited early morning services, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

What about the chairman of CIE arriving at the opening of a train station by merc?
    John Lynch going to Docklands... says it all

The Chairman is probably the one exception to all the rules, unfortunately.

Advertisement