Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dining in Portlaoise

Options
  • 17-06-2008 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccommend places that are cheap and cheerful to eat in portlaoise?

I have eaten there twice since i moved to port and both times ive been well impressed.

Was in The Square Meal and happened to be there for the early bird and got i3 courses for 27e on a sat evening. and it happend that the food was delicious! i well reccommend it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Ruby-J wrote: »
    cheap

Supermacs....:p

The nicest place to eat in Portlaoise is the Kingfisher on Main St. Its an indian restaurant...fantastic!! Its not overly expensive either and the staff are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭token56

If your going for lunch or something Jim's Country Kitchen great food. I think it is slightly expensive though?

token56 wrote: »
    If your going for lunch or something Jim's Country Kitchen great food. I think it is slightly expensive though?

Yea Jim's is nice but you're right, it aint cheap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

If you have transport, get yourself out to Treacy's on The Heath.
    Good food, reasonable prices.

If you have transport, get yourself out to Treacy's on The Heath.
    Good food, reasonable prices.

The food is good, but the waiting time is generally awful... 40+ minutes after you order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Steve_o wrote: »
    The food is good, but the waiting time is generally awful... 40+ minutes after you order.

Never had that problem. I suppose on Sundays it can be busy but even then I've never had to wait too long for service.

Anyone ever eaten in the new killeshin Hotel?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,406 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Steve_o wrote: »

never had that problem either.... and ive been there a lot.... mustve been a bad day steveo....

sydthebeat wrote: »
    never had that problem either.... and ive been there a lot.... mustve been a bad day steveo....

Could've been.... actually come to think of it, there were 2 communion parties there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

ooh cool thanks guys!

Advertisement