Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a good mechanic with 4x4 experience in Meath/Blanch?

Options
  • 17-06-2008 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya.

I've been looking for a decent mechanic to do my servicing/repairs on my 96 Pajero, but I've not had much luck finding someone reasonable who's going to do a decent job, so I thought I might ask here in case anyone could recommend someone.

I'm living in Navan and working in Blanch so anyone around or between those two areas would be perfect.

Ideally I'd like someone I can go to and who won't mind me helping out and getting my hands dirty whilst he's working, just so I can familiarise myself with the basics in case I'm ever stuck.

One thing that's going to need doing in the short term is the fuel pump seals, so someone who could do that in the next couple of weeks would be ideal. from what I understand it's a 90 minute job if you know what you're doing but anything up to 6 hours or more if you don't. :o

I'm also going to be wanting a few mods to make her a little more capable off-road (body lift, suspension lift, snorkel, diff breather etc.), so there's going to be quite a bit of medium to long term jobs available to do for the right guy.

Anyway, hopefully someone knows someone who might be able to help. :)

thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Have a chat with Paul in Sejim motors at the statoil station outside Dunboyne/Clonee. He is an excellent mechanic. I doubt he would take on the modifications though, no harm in asking.

Advertisement