Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! Outlook express keeps closing!

Options
  • 17-06-2008 12:43am

Sorry guys, bit of a panic. Everytime I press send/receive, my outlook closes. No warning, nothing. Any ideas what could be up? I need it as I use it for work.

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Does it still show up in Task Manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Do you have Nero installed by any chance? Recently I had a problem with it. Had to uninstall Nero and installed Roxio instead and after that no problem with Outlook.

I was getting a popup about compacting the messages as against your case of Outlook closing down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Sorry guys, bit of a panic. Everytime I press send/receive, my outlook closes. No warning, nothing. Any ideas what could be up? I need it as I use it for work.

Cheers guys.

Tools/Options/Connection

Make sure 'hang up after sending and receiving' (or anything in there that might cause a problem) is not checked.

Thanks for all that. I tried all that but unfortunately it hasn't worked. I have 4 addresses, have had for years and 3 of them I can go into individually and do a send and receive, but not the 4th. Every time I click send/receive Outlook just dissapears and then when I re-open it I often but not always get a message saying that the personal folders was not shut down properly. I had task manager opened the last time I clicked send/receive and it dissapeared from there as well.

I can go into tools/options but there appears to be no connection tab on my version (XP)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What anti virus product are you using? Try disabling email scanning if thats enabled and try again, could be a faulty module from a update cause it...

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement