Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house cleansing

Options
  • 16-06-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

We are moving to a lovely old house. To make a fresh start here I am interested getting a house spiritually cleansed. Does anyone know of anyone who does this around Dublin?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why don't you do it yourself ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Is there a need for 'cleaning'?

Like antibacterial liquids kill off virtually all bacteria, 'cleansing' could remove beneficial influences as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

You could burn some sage, make sure you have the windows open, as that will cleanse any negative energies in the air. Do not burn around anyone who is/may be pregnant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hi, I agree with Thaedydal and irishA. you should do it yourself. Sage is good, so are candles. Visualisation techniques work great, ie "see" each room filled with light and "feel" it cleansing the room. If you're religious then pray. It doesn't have to be to a god, it could be to your guide, higher self or even just the universe. Nothing formal either, simply ask and feel it happening. Afterwards a little thank you too. :)

If you have a particular reason for wanting this done, and don't feel comfortable doing it yourself then contact a healer or psychic. As far as I know all of them can do it, it's just a matter of finding one who will do house calls.

Where in Dublin are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

hiorta wrote: »
    Is there a need for 'cleaning'?

Like antibacterial liquids kill off virtually all bacteria, 'cleansing' could remove beneficial influences as well.
    I'm inclined to agree. Sometimes it can be more productive to work with what's there rather than get rid of it.

Of course, sometimes it's cillit bang time.

• Advertisement

If you cleanse specifically for the higher good, any good energies, or energies you should be exposed to will remain anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Rational persuasion is the usual route to try in helping undesired influences to find their true or best location.

I'm not at all sure if a scatter gun approach would have the sought for outcome and wouldn't it be ineffective simply because it would infringe upon the free will of the unwanted individual - assuming that it is an individual.

These are very deep questions, thank you for posing them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

You could try smudging.

http://www.crystalinks.com/smudging.html

My girlfriend and I do it from time to time in our home, its great for letting go of any negativity and releasing stress.

I see what you mean hiorta, I took the op's question to be about energy in a house, like emotional energy, memories held etc not spirits or a haunting. If it's a spirit cleansing then you are talking about something else entirely, which I have no knowledge on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I see what you mean hiorta, I took the op's question to be about energy in a house, like emotional energy, memories held etc not spirits or a haunting. If it's a spirit cleansing then you are talking about something else entirely, which I have no knowledge on. :)

I too took it as an energy cleansing, rather than something entirely different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Talliesin wrote: »
    Of course, sometimes it's cillit bang time.

I fully intend to mutter that to myself next time I do a cleansing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

jessie7 wrote: »
    We are moving to a lovely old house. To make a fresh start here I am interested getting a house spiritually cleansed. Does anyone know of anyone who does this around Dublin?
    Thanks[/QUOT

are you aware of any spirit energy there? houses hold energy from pervoius owners anyway so maybe any feelings you get there are just that and no more.your own positive energy should have a good impact on the vibe in the house either way. can you give more detail as to why you want to do it?

Advertisement