Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scottish wild cats under threat

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

How many people knew there was still wild cats in our part of europe. A few of you probably did, I would never have guessed there was a wild cat in scotland.
    The wild tiger stripes at the eyes on it alone would scare you, let alone the extra long fangs and allegedly if cornered would cause you considerable damage, although ONLY if cornered, otherwise it is very good natured.

Presently the scottish wild cat is being threatened with extinction and with only 400 pedigree cats left in the wilds of scotland we may never see them in the wild for some time.

Anyway found all of this on a new documentary - Last of the Scottish wildcats -.

Preview the DVD
    http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/cats/video/x5oeer_last-of-the-scottish-wildcats-dvd-p_animals

2330597_936872cb94_m.jpg

My neighbour has a cat that looks the image of the cat below which is a scottish wild cat. I wonder how someone can you tell if it is a similar breed.

WildcatJakepaw.jpg

scottish-wildcat.jpg

Comments

Advertisement