Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Seekers Allowance Problems

Options
  • 16-06-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I applied for job seekers allowance months ago. before people give out to me i have been looking really hard for a job. I have applied everywhere from KPMG to supermacs and I worked in McDonalds a few years back.

Anyway have all the forms in now and have been waiting ages to hear back from them. Am on the verge of being evicted from the house im living in. Lady was good to me and let me stay there last few months with the understanding I would pay her when the lump sum came in. Things are coming to a head now.

Who has experinced huge problems dealing with the social and what did you have to do to actually get it. I heard there is an emergency fund you can access while your claim is being processed. Can you also tell me about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 12358

I also got onto Mary Hanafin and got a letter from man in social in Galway City telling me he was sorry for the delay. That was over two weeks ago. This is way beyond a joke at the minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You should have gone to your local CWO and applied for Supplementary Welfare Allowance whilst waiting for your claim to be processed. Go there tomorrow morning, phone 091-523122 to find who your CWO is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I know there's industrial action in social welfare offices in Dublin at the moment where they are closing for lunch and won't take telephone calls so this may be the same country wide.
    Best bet is to go into the office and ask to speak to the person who sent you the letter !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

The CWO's are not social welfare and are not on strike. That should be your first port of call. If you are in difficulty the Social should have told you about that at the time. If you can't pay your rent apply for rent supplement from the CWO as well.

Always claim everything straight off, never wait.

Advertisement