Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 June V SS Rovers 20:00 Wesley College

Options
  • 16-06-2008 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

There's probably little point ding a full on match thread with squad list etc, so just chime in if you're attending.

Always a difficult game, but no reason to fear anyone or anything, we're playing for our own pride.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yep, I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Same with me and Lepo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

ok so Sav, Mick, Martin, Simon, Lepo

I'm sure Des will chime in once the Tuesday mornin text goes round :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

best of luck in this lads, this, fingers crossed, is my last game missing (bar 1 weeks holidays in July)....

a draw would be a good result as they are the best/2nd best team in it (and they are still beatable), a win would be excellent. so go out and kick the shi*e outta them and bring home the 3 points please.

man mark that lad upfront and we will not loose, he is their main threat. i would love to be marking him, i have yet to play against him, he deserves a kicking :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

will be there. anyone heading from townish area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

still can't play, hopefully better by next week.

good luck lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sav, Mick, Martin, Simon, Lepo, Iain, Kenny, Cathal, Gav, Geoff, Art.

11 people so far.

Karl usually lets me know if he's NOT going to be there, so I'll assume he's coming.
    Mario is an unknown.

Mates time I think.

I've texted 16

ok I'm bringing 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I'll be there (but suspended:(). My mate Joe will be up again too.

• Advertisement

Haha, I just realised I was slagging that lad cause I thought he was Ed's mate. Not your mate Eddie. Ah what a faux pas :D I need a lift bitches. Who's offering? Can't bring mates tonight but maybe next week or week after? Too short notice to sort it now.

Do we even have eleven for this or what?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Haha, I just realised I was slagging that lad cause I thought he was Ed's mate. Not your mate Eddie. Ah what a faux pas :D I need a lift bitches.

leave the C*nt walk lads, he could do with it:D:D:D you in for some abuse off me next week buddy when im back:D:D

des, ill give ya a buzz after the game to see how ye get on.

half time update for our 70,000 fans:D, according to a text from the gaffer, its 2-2 after being 2-0 down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

half time update for our 70,000 fans:D, according to a text from the gaffer, its 2-2 after being 2-0 down.

thats a good comeback :eek:

final score ?

lost 5-2.

i hope that striker didnt score......des, please say he was man marked?

We went 2-0 down, then pulled it back to 2-2 before HT.
    Second half and three goals in the first ten mins killed the game as a contest.

Groundhog day.

He scored, and he was yellow carded for mouthing.

Anyway, we lost 5-2.

Sav and Gav on the scoresheet.

Time to put a big X through this season and look to next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Ah balls, hard luck lads, sounds like there was plenty of fight in us anyway. How did it go in the second half - did we have many chances after they got their 3?

• Advertisement

Not really tbh, we had a couple of corners but nothing resembling real sustained pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

5-2 was harsh. They capitalised everytime we made a mistake and some of the goals you cant legislate for

what was the team lads?

im back next week,but i think dan is missing, any update on who else is making a return.

what was the team lads?

im back next week,but i think dan is missing, any update on who else is making a return.
    Karl
    Simon Martin Geoff Mick
    Kenny
    Gav--Iain--Mario---Lepo
    Sav

still a strong team....but missing eddie, me, jules, dan, art,dave,larry from the 11 that was starting games at the start of the season.

still a strong team....but missing eddie, me, jules, dan, art,dave,larry
    Art was there, came on in first half. Eddie was suspended I think. Other than that you're right Ed, and this is no disrespect to any lads in the team now, but there's at least 6 players missing who would be in the starting 11.

I can't fault the current team for honesty of effort and work rate, but IMHO it's all huffing and puffing and we're just missing a bit of skill and creativity. Last season our front 4 was something we could be proud of, even if the Strikers weren't scoring there was always a Dave/Larry/Gav popping up with goals so we had a variety of threats going forward, someone was always bound to stick one in. This season I'm sorry to say we're back to hit and hope, but all is not lost and I reckon we should be spending the remaining games trying to do things the right way. At the very least it'll get us into good habits.

Savman wrote: »
    honesty of effort

Don't forget the aul "Moral Courage" there Gilesy.

Next 3 games are against the 3 sides below us in the table and the only 3 sides we've beaten this season. So wins needed!

DesF wrote: »
    Don't forget the aul "Moral Courage" there Gilesy.
    What? Ye have to speculate to accumulate, Bill :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, 9 from 9 in the next three games has to be the target, and we definitely have the players to do it, even with the numbers missing at the moment I think we have enough strength in depth to put away those 3 teams.

We should probably ban the use of the word 'harsh' in any threads for matches we have lost :D Agree that there's been several games that we lost where there could be no complaining if we got a result, but I reckon it must make interesting reading to any neutrals and we need to move on from caring about moral victories - for the rest of this season and next season it's all about results.

So, put Ed out of his misery - how many did Johnny Strongcock score?

Advertisement