Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German language schools in Germany

Options
  • 16-06-2008 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm just looking for opinions, recommendations and so on about German language schools in Germany itself. I've been somewhat wary of language schools since they have somewhat of a reputation for being either excellent or woeful with no median. I'd prefer to go to Freiberg (the Uni one is full and the Goethe is too expensive) but I'm open to ideas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kanzler

scop wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm just looking for opinions, recommendations and so on about German language schools in Germany itself. I've been somewhat wary of language schools since they have somewhat of a reputation for being either excellent or woeful with no median. I'd prefer to go to Freiberg (the Uni one is full and the Goethe is too expensive) but I'm open to ideas.

go to www.google.de and try "Volkshochschule Freiberg" or "Sprachschule Freiberg" and find out the rest. that is what i would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kanzler

scop wrote: »
    Hey all,

oh, one more tag: try "Sprachinstitut Freiberg" as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

Sorry, don't have a language school to recommend. Just wanted to point out that you are probably talking about Freiburg (in the very South-West of Germany) and not Freiberg (in Saxony)????

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Persius

If you're planning on staying there for a few months, look up the Volkshochschule in Freiburg. It's a state run adult education center, provides lots of evening classes etc, and one of the things they do is German for foreigners. They usually have both day and evening classes for the first two levels. You'll typically be in a class with people from the typical immigrant countries (e.g. Turkey) and the good thing is that many of them don't speak English, so you're forced to speak German. Note that they are closed for the Summer.

Advertisement