Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

masks

Options
  • 16-06-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of any decent mask with mesh lenses?

i had one on sunday and i could not see in to the sights on my m4 to aim properly:(

i tried goggles and they fogged up terribly and they were expensive goggles so i was annoyed:mad:

so anyone know a good mask that allows you to aim properly or know how i can stop the goggles fogging up?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I personally use :
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=15022
    ...and I've no problems with aiming down the scope. I did remove the neck protector part though as it is uncomfortable (it is removable). It's also very comfortable...about 129 times more comfortable than the Sensai masks.

If you prefer goggles, then perhaps:
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=23649

Edit: This probably should have gone into this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055222596

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i prefere goggles but when your sniping from the prone position in the bushes and they bring the m249 up to clear you out its time to re-think the goggles mask situation:D

sorry didnt know where to put this so hope its ok here!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The sensei are far better for getting down close to the sights. Only add like 2mm to your cheek. They are a little sweaty but I think they're the best value for money out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

These might be worth a look

http://www.cactushobbies.com/army.html

:D:eek::o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

antifog, toothpaste and spit are known to help prefent googles from fogging. or if you wear a helmet with the googles strap around the helmet it creats a small 3/4 mm gap at the edges, that works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

I thought about getting this one:

http://www.wearepaintball.com/products.php?show=detail&id=1132

I know they're expensive but what do you guys recommend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Ironbar wrote: »
    I thought about getting this one:

http://www.wearepaintball.com/products.php?show=detail&id=1132

I know they're expensive but what do you guys recommend ?

They are wicked! :D

~B

The sensei are far better for getting down close to the sights. Only add like 2mm to your cheek. They are a little sweaty but I think they're the best value for money out there.

where can i find these sensei ones??

and do they have lenses or mesh in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Masks are for the weak, and people who plan on keeping all their teeth :pac:

I find it impossible to use an SG1 with a full face mask, interfears with the scope and cheek piece.

i hate them too i prefere the goggles but after sunday when i had a m249 plus lads launching 203 grenades in to the bushes to get me out im thinking of get a mask:D:D

• Advertisement

Arcto wrote: »
    Masks are for the weak, and people who plan on keeping all their teeth :pac:

I find it impossible to use an SG1 with a full face mask, interfears with the scope and cheek piece.

Odd. The mask I linked to works fine with my SG1. It must the the height/positioning of the scope.

Picture of a Sensei: http://www.checksixairsoft.com/ecommerce/prodimages/acm-sensei-small.gif
    Comes in OD and Black. Can be split in two removing the lower face protection if you dont feel like using it. I find it does not restrict me in any way when sighting a gun unlike any other mesh masks I've tried. I know predator CG sell them but you can probably get them in one of the southern shops. I paid £12 in pred I think.

EDIT: Rabbit, did you put the padding into yours?

Picture of a Sensei: http://www.checksixairsoft.com/ecommerce/prodimages/acm-sensei-small.gif
    Comes in OD and Black. Can be split in two removing the lower face protection if you dont feel like using it. I find it does not restrict me in any way when sighting a gun unlike any other mesh masks I've tried. I know predator CG sell them but you can probably get them in one of the southern shops. I paid £12 in pred I think.

EDIT: Rabbit, did you put the padding into yours?

Yes, some. Around the cheekbones and across the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

where can i find these sensei ones??

and do they have lenses or mesh in them?

I bought two from Main Irish Airsoft. (The Mesh type)
    I bought them cos I like the Look of them.

and Airsoft Eire have the Lens type.

~B

Yes, some. Around the cheekbones and across the nose.

That, is your problem. Though Sensei supply the inserts for you to apply, dont. They dont work and are not comfortable. And they just gather sweat and start to stink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

I have a fiberglass "real face" mask which i got through paul at hrta and although on a warm day running up and down the field i was pissing sweat, the supplied goggles didnt fog up once. and i find that sighting is easy with the mask and goggles on. the mask sits so close to the skin that you can see much of it when you are wearing it unlike most masks.

Might be a bit pricey for some though at 40quid. but then again, they look evil and are pre camo'd.

So if you like goggles onthere own for the extra vision and ease of sighting but would like the added protection of a full face, id recomend them all the way. dont have a pic of it but richie has some of me wearing it i'm sure.

I have a fiberglass "real face" mask which i got through paul at hrta and although on a warm day running up and down the field i was pissing sweat, the supplied goggles didnt fog up once. and i find that sighting is easy with the mask and goggles on. the mask sits so close to the skin that you can see much of it when you are wearing it unlike most masks.

Might be a bit pricey for some though at 40quid. but then again, they look evil and are pre camo'd.

So if you like goggles onthere own for the extra vision and ease of sighting but would like the added protection of a full face, id recomend them all the way. dont have a pic of it but richie has some of me wearing it i'm sure.

Where might one get one of these? What brand are they?

Ask PAUL at HRTA. The guy selling them droped a heap of them out to PAUL to sell.
    There made in the Philipeans i think. they come with the mask, a set of goggles (nothing fancy in the goggles but they fit the contours of the mask very well) and a wool balaklava. the idea is that the balaklava stops the texture of the inside of the mask iritating your skin but i use it without it. i'll see if i can dig up a pic.

Here we go http://www.airsoftportal.com/forum/attachments/maskfront5.jpg

The ones PAUL has are the green ones with a stripe of brown and black and not the brown with green stripe as in the pic but its the samemask and can be kryloned any wayyou want becasue the goggles come off like normal goggles and there is no worry about over spray
    ALSO, the goggles are actual clear lense goggles and not sun glasses type as pictured

Ask PAUL at HRTA. The guy selling them droped a heap of them out to PAUL to sell.
    There made in the Philipeans i think. they come with the mask, a set of goggles (nothing fancy in the goggles but they fit the contours of the mask very well) and a wool balaklava. the idea is that the balaklava stops the texture of the inside of the mask iritating your skin but i use it without it. i'll see if i can dig up a pic.

Here we go http://www.airsoftportal.com/forum/attachments/maskfront5.jpg

The ones PAUL has are the green ones with a stripe of brown and black and not the brown with green stripe as in the pic but its the samemask and can be kryloned any wayyou want becasue the goggles come off like normal goggles and there is no worry about over spray
    ALSO, the goggles are actual clear lense goggles and not sun glasses type as pictured

they are cool spitfire i would be interested in one of those!

how do i get hold of paul is he on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

how do i get hold of paul is he on boards?

Paul = nonex

• Advertisement

thanks dr pepper!

i'm out there tonight and could arange to get one for you. he got new versions in now aswell. slightly bigger so more comfortable.where are you based?

im out in harolds cross!

do they come in different sizes?

Cheers spitfire. I saw a picture with somebody wearing one a few weeks back, it was at a distance and at first I didn't realise it was a mask. I would need a very large size so I'll try one on next time I'm out at hrta. Thanks.

if it was at hrta then it was probably me. they come in a bigger size now then the one i have been wearing. im looking to get the bigger one though.

if it was at hrta then it was probably me. they come in a bigger size now then the one i have been wearing. im looking to get the bigger one though.

its hard to know what size you would need...

if you have a big head, get the bigger one.
    the small one is grand on me, i just think the bigger one would be a little better.

small it is so:D i got a pee head:D

dont think i could get one out to you in harolds cross mate though. sorry.

• Advertisement

dont think i could get one out to you in harolds cross mate though. sorry.

ah its no bother thanks anyway, il get out to him and get one.

Advertisement