Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

we have a leak!!

Options
  • 16-06-2008 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭

right i live in a apartment block a big new block of modern apartments.. they just build a new section in the basement and they found a leak... they traced it down to our apartment.. so after allot of talking it looks like they will have to take out the water cilender... boor holes in the wall fix the leak and then put it back together but this is going to leave us with no water for two or three days...

what should we be looking for? a hotel room for the couple of days?

also should we be talking to the land lord or the management company??

whats our rights here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do I have it right that the leak is merely near your hot water cylinder, but doesn't affect your hot water or heating systems?

You deal with landlord, landlord deals with management company.

You are entitled to peaceable occupation. No water kinda defeats that. I wouldn't insist on the Four Seasons, but yes ask for something.

You will also need to secure your possesssion if builders are wandering in and out. Are you insured?

Make sure the place is clean, dried (properly!) and ventilated after the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭afatbollix

they have to take out the water tank ( for both cold and hot water) to get behind it and then go though a wall and then they are at the leak....

we will have no water at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The comparable accommodation + disturbance money. It can be paid from the insurance.

Advertisement