Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong wireless connected

Options
  • 16-06-2008 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I have ntl installed on a wireless modem but my laptop continues to connect to the neighbours unsecured wireless instead every now and then... anything i try to do and stop it is overrided every so often.. any ideas. windows xp machine

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Do you have SP2 installed? It has a wifi manager. Make the home wireless network the default one.
    But this is not actually a problem. Nothing is in fact broken. You have two available wifi connex and one of them is free?!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sounds like you still have your wireless setup to connect to the other automagically. go to the control panel > network and sharing > and find the properties for your neighbour's wireless connection and delete it.

Advertisement