Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo generator

Options
  • 16-06-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Just want to know if there are any Logo Generator applications worth a damn. I've tried one or two but was not impressed with the outcome. Up until now I have used Photoshop but my skills are average enough and if I could shave some time off developing graphics here and there it'd be a worthwhile investment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

Vistaprint has one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Not a logo generator but might be of interest fairly sound used them last month and they do logos from 50 euro a pop. http://www.thedesigngun.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

philtaylor wrote: »
    Not a logo generator but might be of interest fairly sound used them last month and they do logos from 50 euro a pop. http://www.thedesigngun.com

You wouldn't wanna click that link with a hangover! - a bit heavy on the audio methinks. I thought it was a cardinal sin to have tunes embeded - espesically for a professional studio. The email isn't even hot to complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

i like this one:
    http://creatr.cc/creatr/
    You cant add your own image tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

www.logoyes.com provides a logo service.

Most logo services aren't great though. There's only so much a computer can do for you. They're allright to start with for the price, but if you're business grows, or is very public-facing, getting a proper design company to look at it might be more worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I dont know of any logo generating software. Im guessing if there was such a thing it wouldn't do a good job at all.

If you car about having a good logo then you should get a professional designer to do it.

I've had a few logos designed for me before (among other things, web design, programming, audio work, copywriting, anything)

and I always use elance.com

Basically there's a bunch of companies that give you quotes on the job you post and often they will always provide example of previous work, how much they expect how many do'overs they'll do before you're happy etc. often the guys work from asia so it can be a lot cheaper than getting things done locally. Sometimes the bids are a lot lower than i would have first expected and the quality of the work is just as good.

elance is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭abyss

IMO using computer-generating LOGO's is a same, like reading computer-generating books. Maybe that will be possible to read, but now (A.D. 2008) is nothing interesting.
    Creating good LOGO is much more, than putting few letters on shinny/shady/stripped backgound with some stars/baloons/outlines around. LOGO should be Your coat-of-arms, flag, colours, should corespond to Yours company style, Your customer needs and many more. I can't belive it is possible to create UNIVERSAL logo without finding and understanding dependiencies, dreams, needs, feelings, knowledge and targets. Now ONLY designer can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

abyss wrote: »
    IMO using computer-generating LOGO's is a same, like reading computer-generating books. Maybe that will be possible to read, but now (A.D. 2008) is nothing interesting.
    Creating good LOGO is much more, than putting few letters on shinny/shady/stripped backgound with some stars/baloons/outlines around. LOGO should be Your coat-of-arms, flag, colours, should corespond to Yours company style, Your customer needs and many more. I can't belive it is possible to create UNIVERSAL logo without finding and understanding dependiencies, dreams, needs, feelings, knowledge and targets. Now ONLY designer can do that.

out of work graphic designer by any chance?

I've plan to start my business in Ireland from 2009. I've got experience - two decades in logo design.
    Creating name and logo is a really important marketing point during creating new/ refreshing old business.
    Yours customers usually have no time to study Yours ALL products, services, stuff. They evalutae Yours company lean on few elements:
    - view of office/workshop (clean, dirty, busy etc.)
    - Yours logo & visual identification (coresponding to company style)
    - stuff skills (friendly, competent, got knowledge about things etc.)
    - previous information (recomendation, advertisements, PR and other)

Of course is possible to provide service or products with some lacks of obove, but better is dont do that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

wouldnt use a "logo generator" myself but if its inspiration your after try http://logopond.com/ maybe it might help you to come up with some ideas yourself..

Stab*City - really great link. Page worth to visit - especially if You are good designer. There are much of nice projects worth fortune :) (and I hope authors got good money for them).

Advertisement