Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capture Card

Options
  • 15-06-2008 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure where to put this so I chose here. Move if you want. I'm Wondering if this, http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...:MEWA:IT&ih=003 can be used to record xbox 360 or ps3 directly to your pc's hard drive. I have a dell Inspiron 531, so would that work in it, like would it fit in it and where does it go on the machine would you think? Also can that work with Vista? If that cant be used to record Xbox 360 can anyone explain to me a way of doing it, maybe through showing me a link to ebay or whatever as I've been looking for something to record xbox for a while now. Thanks, any help welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You messed up the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Oh right sorry. Here: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130228828355&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Cos I really want to record xbox and such and I dont have a massive budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

At a budget you won't get much. I bought a HD capture card, Blackmagic Express iirc and it worked great. HD capturing does take up quite a bit of space though so make sure you've got a lot of free hard drive space, last thing you want is your PC crashing.

The product you linked to captures standard defintion only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Don't some games allow you the option of recording sequences for later playback ?

Just a thought. You could record your sequence, in game, at whatever frame-rate you like, transfer to PC and then manipulate it afterwards :)

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    At a budget you won't get much. I bought a HD capture card, Blackmagic Express iirc and it worked great. HD capturing does take up quite a bit of space though so make sure you've got a lot of free hard drive space, last thing you want is your PC crashing.

The product you linked to captures standard defintion only.
    Alright, but It defiantly works with recording xbox 360 then? And if so what sort of cable to I need and do I need any extra things also with it?
    Also I have a Dell Inspiron 531, and where would this card go, as Im not very smart when It comes to PC hardware.:(

EDIT: If this isnt a good capture card and isnt worth the money, could someone recommend me a card off ebay, dabs, komplett etc through a link please? All i want really is the capture card, I dont mind not having the TV tuner. Also my budget is about 50€. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You'd need to use the component cable with your xbox 360 and and turn it to SD on the end that connects into the console. Then you'd put the "Yellow" RCA connector ito the capture card and you'd be able to record play. Some of the cards might have sound capturing capabilities as well.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=323543 This will do but has no sound input from what I can see.

I had a USB capturing device that was standard definition and while it was great to do it, it wasn't what I expected. My advice would be not to buy it if you're hoping for great quality.

No Im not looking for great quality really, youtube quality is all I want. Would this be sufficent for recording sound and video off the xbox, and i dont mind using the component cable. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220246151412&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Advertisement