Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking/Treking Poles

Options
  • 15-06-2008 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Where would I find some fairly priced walking or treking poles? I've left it too late for ordering on line, so I need to pick some up in Dublin. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Deirdre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

The Great Outdoors were getting shut of some poles a few weeks back - last year's stock and colours, but half price. Maybe they have some left?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Gangu

Prenderb wrote: »
    The Great Outdoors were getting shut of some poles a few weeks back - last year's stock and colours, but half price. Maybe they have some left?

No, did not seem to have any cheap ones in stock when I was in there at the weekend, and seeing the prices of what they had in store against the same brands online made me think I should see if anyone could think of anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

you could try the smaller camping shops in the capel street/mary street area or millets, if you are in Dublin. You might find some resonably priced ones there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PanK

i recently bought basic model of vango in outdoor adventure an mary st.
    Not to bad,only problem is uncofortable grip,but u can get used to.
    as 15e each its a good value for money.
    After s few days of hill walking still grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Aye - a walking pole is the one peice of kit i'm not worried about spending lots of cash on. So i'll take whatever is going. but thats because I tend to use my pole for:
    a) spider web clearing - whirl ahead of you when walking to clear any webs. i'm an arachnophobia sufferer.
    b) pushing aside gorse bushes - essential in the summer months when the shorts replace the long trousers.
    c) as a tester - is that rock really stable? how deep is that peat bog? is that tuft of grass really going to take my weight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 PanK

Advertisement