Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time is of the essence!

Options
  • 15-06-2008 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Okay time is of the essence here so it would be very much appreciated if someone who is doing tech graph tomorrow could tell me if I definately need
    a protracter. I was just doing a mental check list of what I have and I realised I dont have a protracter. And why is time of the essence you ask? Well aside from it being tommorrow,Tesco closes in 1 hour :D So will I bother my arse sprinting down to Tesco or will I just leave it? It might have just been my teacher but we certainly never used a protracter all year,and I certainly didn't have to use one in the mocks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

DliveMike wrote: »
    Okay time is of the essence here so it would be very much appreciated if someone who is doing tech graph tomorrow could tell me if I definately need
    a protracter. I was just doing a mental check list of what I have and I realised I dont have a protracter. And why is time of the essence you ask? Well aside from it being tommorrow,Tesco closes in 1 hour :D So will I bother my arse sprinting down to Tesco or will I just leave it? It might have just been my teacher but we certainly never used a protracter all year,and I certainly didn't have to use one in the mocks.

GET ONE. You may need it, you may not, depending on the questions you do, if you pick a question that needs a protractor, you'll be damn glad you made the rush this evening and got it. My advice, have one, to be certain. Try calling a friend that might have a spare one. It MAY not be necessary for you in the exam but... are you willing to take that risk? I wouldn't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DliveMike

****,I gotta run. Fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I dont actually think you could possibly get through the exam without one :eek: between scribing off measurements and doing ellipses by concentric circles and bisecting lines and angles....yeh u defo need one!

Im going to fail :(:(

Goodluck peeps!

aine92 wrote: »
    I dont actually think you could possibly get through the exam without one :eek: between scribing off measurements and doing ellipses by concentric circles and bisecting lines and angles....yeh u defo need one!

Goodluck peeps!

Eh, i'm not suprised you'll fail if you use a protractor for bisecting! :D we don't generally use a protractor for the ellipse either... :) You're thinking of a compass I think, if so you're dead right you'll defo need a compass! I'm bringing in two, one with a light lead and one with a dark lead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    What are concentric circles???? :confused:

Well i'm sure you know that there are a number of different ways of constructing an ellipse. One method is the concentric circles method. Its where you draw a circle with a diameter of the minor axis and another with the diameter of the major axis. You then divide it up with the 30/60 degree set square and so on. Hope I'm making sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 HughOS

You should get one, if you haven't already by now. You nearly always need a protractor somewhere in the short questions. And who knows, maybe a long one too. For all we know they could ask us to have a line of 52 degrees in the ortho or especially in the transformation geometry q when you have to find the centre of rotation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 LeCapitaine

HughOS wrote: »
    And who knows, maybe a long one too.
    I have a long one if you want it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 stop_the_craze

aine92 wrote: »

Goodluck peeps!
    Well i'm sure you know that there are a number of different ways of constructing an ellipse. One method is the concentric circles method. Its where you draw a circle with a diameter of the minor axis and another with the diameter of the major axis. You then divide it up with the 30/60 degree set square and so on. Anything making sense here? :)
    Wow.... I'm so glad I don't do TG right now....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement