Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching TV on my monitor?

Options
  • 15-06-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

I have a 24" wide screen dell monitor at the moment. Its inputs are DVI, VGA, Component Video, S video and video (yellow coloured).

I use magnet for both tv and broadband. The magnet 'box' seems to have its own proprietary output which converts into a scart connection on the end of the cable to go into the telly. What I'm wondering, and trying to do is be able to find a way of getting the video up on my monitor and possibly getting the sound to my soundcard. Anyway of doing it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

get SCART to rca unit plug it in to ntl box,then plug yellow rca to video out on unit yellow , l r rca is sound out,switchS TO rca unit to signal OUT, at the other end of l,r, sound you,ll need an rca to 3.5mm ,which goes to line in on your sound card.
    GET rca to 3.5mm in peats/maplins or line in on the speaker units.
    GET a dvd copy kit 10euro in 2euro shops,or super discount store talbot st,10 yards past guineys near golden discs.THAT kit has all the cables ,rca,unit, apart from 2cable rca to 3.5mm sound cable.the ntl box prbly has rca left right sound out ,so you could use that if u want.
    GOOGLE PC TO TV for more detailed info.

Advertisement