Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicson 3000s

Options
  • 15-06-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hey All.

Anybody got any opinions on Musicson speakers and in particular the Musicson 3000s setup?:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I have to be honest, I've only ever heard the brand name being talked about by DJ's...which doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I've yet to hear them in anger so will reserve judgement but I would have to ask an obvious question as to why you're gong against the grain and not considering something more, er, "known" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

Just curious really as the system was recommended to us and don't really know much about them. Apparently their horn loaded and have a much further throw than say the P5. I wanted to see were there any other bands out their using Musicson

Recommended by who?

I'm only going by what I see on their site but there is some specs that need attention:
    -the tops are 38kg :eek:
    -the subs are 60kg :eek::eek::eek:
    -it doesn't state the sensitivity rating of the passive speakers, this is basically how efficient they are at turning amplifier power into actual audible power.

Usually, when lesser known manufacturers omit such important details from their spec sheets, it's because of something they are trying to disguise. All the leading PA system manufacturers publish all specs, for better or worse, because they know that not publishing them not only makes them look shady, but assures none of the pro engineers would touch them with a barge pole.

I dunno what kinda price you're being quoted for that system or even what the system is for but it would certainly do no harm to broaden your horizons...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I had a pair of Renkus Heinz at 66kg. They were way too heavy to move about.... if there were stairs involved it was a nightmare.

60kg wouldn't be a whole lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭puremule

Savman wrote: »
    Recommended by who?

I'm only going by what I see on their site but there is some specs that need attention:
    -the tops are 38kg :eek:
    -the subs are 60kg :eek::eek::eek:
    -it doesn't state the sensitivity rating of the passive speakers, this is basically how efficient they are at turning amplifier power into actual audible power.

Usually, when lesser known manufacturers omit such important details from their spec sheets, it's because of something they are trying to disguise. All the leading PA system manufacturers publish all specs, for better or worse, because they know that not publishing them not only makes them look shady, but assures none of the pro engineers would touch them with a barge pole.

I dunno what kinda price you're being quoted for that system or even what the system is for but it would certainly do no harm to broaden your horizons...

Yea we thought about the weight issue alright. We were quoted €8500 for 4 bins and two tops. The system is for the band I play with and we are your general wedding/club/pub band. We are using a P5 at the minute and think we might stick with that.

• Advertisement

I'd stick with the Dynacord tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mentonray

Savman does have more than 1 valid point. Weight, price, ommision of specs,.. all good arguments to be sure. However if we didn't venture we achieve no gain, P5's weren't always around, they were discovered too. I've recently heard this system in Aquarius Sound & Lighting, they've got a rig permanantly set up in their showrooms in Maynooth, just off the N4. I heard them and I have to say as as guy who would normally immediatley rule out 15's I was surprised. I could tell they were horn loaded straight away but not in a bad way. bottom end very impressive, however not convinced that the system can be run with an external amp efficiently. I'd suggest the hire companies, hire one for a weekend and try it out, thats what I'm thinkin. Gordon is the man in Aquarius (Ex Rea sound, nice fella, knows his stuff). He knows a hire co that hires 'em too!

In the market for a 2nd hand rig for 3 piece with drummer if anybody out there is selling. P5 type (4 x 18's & 2 tops kinda thing) open to all offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

mentonray wrote: »
    Savman does have more than 1 valid point. Weight, price, ommision of specs,.. all good arguments to be sure. However if we didn't venture we achieve no gain, P5's weren't always around, they were discovered too. I've recently heard this system in Aquarius Sound & Lighting, they've got a rig permanantly set up in their showrooms in Maynooth, just off the N4. I heard them and I have to say as as guy who would normally immediatley rule out 15's I was surprised. I could tell they were horn loaded straight away but not in a bad way. bottom end very impressive, however not convinced that the system can be run with an external amp efficiently. I'd suggest the hire companies, hire one for a weekend and try it out, thats what I'm thinkin. Gordon is the man in Aquarius (Ex Rea sound, nice fella, knows his stuff). He knows a hire co that hires 'em too!

In the market for a 2nd hand rig for 3 piece with drummer if anybody out there is selling. P5 type (4 x 18's & 2 tops kinda thing) open to all offers!

Adverts.ie has a heap of secondhand P5s knocking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 marcusdebrun

I have the 3000s, its just amazin, the P5 wudnt even be a good enough montior system for the 3000s!

I cannot tell you how efficent this system is, it wud be only be a small percentage behind the cobra but a third of the price cheaper!

Advertisement