Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

that ERASMUS yoke...

Options
  • 14-06-2008 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Do we have to pay:)
    Like we're lucky here that our college is FREE
    but lets say if i were to spend a year in france with the erasmus thing do I have to pay college fees for that? cause like...noway in HELL could I afford it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

No, you get a grant to do it too from the European Commission, only around €1,000 - €1,500 though

It will still cost you a bit though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

No, you get a grant to do it too from the European Commission, only around €1,000 - €1,500 though

It will still cost you a bit though

well that's ok so =D
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

yeh u get a grant from the government....i think it changes depending where u are!

if i was you id budget about 8-10,000 for erasmus,it realy depends on where u are going and if you get a job there,you can do it cheaper(or more expensive!)but i got a fair bit of traveling done with that......if you have the money erasmus is a perfect opportunity to travel!

its going to be one of the best years of your life!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    Do we have to pay:)
    Like we're lucky here that our college is FREE
    but lets say if i were to spend a year in france with the erasmus thing do I have to pay college fees for that? cause like...noway in HELL could I afford it

I did my Erasmus year in France. It is indeed free, and you get a small grant from the EU, but it will cost you. Alot depends on where you get accomodation, mine was quite expensive but if you're flexible you should get somewhere moderately cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I did erasmus in Germany. I got a €1000 grant from the EU which immediately was spent on paying registration fees in UCD for the year even though I wasn't going to be there (scam).

In germany I had to pay about €120 per semester registration fees but included in that was free public transport in the city and surrounding areas. I got a room in University accommodation and it cost just over €200 a month. I had €600 to spend on everything else but that was way too much. Easily could have survived on half that.

Got another €200 or so after I got home from the EU as a top up grant. I wasn't complaining.

• Advertisement
Advertisement