Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Vista is not Genuine?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Right lads i have an anoying little message on my desktop in the bottom right hand corner which says my copy of vista is not genuine. I had to format my laptop 2 weeks ago with the recovry disk. on wednesday I could not acess my system as it said there was a problem with my product key. I phoned the microsoft actication line and they validated my copy of windows and gave me a code to activate windows over the fone. Does anyone know how to get rid of this anoying message. I have a genuine copy of windows it came with the laptop from HP. Anyone had any epxerince with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

When you validated your lisence over the phone they should have given you a number (I think it's 25 digit code). Have you entered this into the computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,899 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

when you reformatted did you use the HP recovery manager or use a Vista disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

When you validated your lisence over the phone they should have given you a number (I think it's 25 digit code). Have you entered this into the computer?

Yes otherwise I would be locked out at this very moment
    Overheal wrote: »
    when you reformatted did you use the HP recovery manager or use a Vista disc?
    I used the HP recovery disk which is on a separte partiton on my hard drive as HP no longer gives disks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Phone microsoft again.

this is what their genuine advante tool says

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0095.0):
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine

• Advertisement

if you used the hp recovery there should be no need to mess about with the product key :confused: i just reformatted yesterday and didnt have to do any of that.

Overheal wrote: »
    if you used the hp recovery there should be no need to mess about with the product key :confused: i just reformatted yesterday and didnt have to do any of that.

i did that myself worked fine for 2 weeks i think i sorted it theres a toll you can get from msdn let me know in 2 weeks if u have the same issue

well i reformatted in may as well and never got the issue either. and in march... yeah basically i find hp recovery dead handy: keeps me running quick :p

Advertisement