Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten HELP please

Options
  • 14-06-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

I found took in a stray kitten today as it had been left abandoned for the past 3 days, I thought the spca would be able to take it today but they can not come till wednesday. As I hace 2 dogs and 5 snakes a cat is prob not going to last that long in my house. If anyone can advise me on where to bring it, or if anyone wants it please let me know. I should have left it where it was

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭T J Hooker

where about are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

IN Wexford, Enniscorthy to be exact
    T J Hooker wrote: »
    where about are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Have you tried Wexford Pet Helpers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I disagree - you did the best thing for her. She probably wasn't getting any food or water. Plus she could have been killed by a dog or by a car.

I would hang in there until Wednesday - put her in the least-used room in the house - a second bathroom for example - with a soft blanket to lie on, a litter tray, a bowl of water and some moist kitten food. Is she old enough to eat on her own? If she isn't weaned, then she'll need more help than this and should be bottle-fed. Don't give her cow's milk, kittens can't tolerate it and it'll give her diarrhoea.

If you haven't got a litter tray and/or litter, you can improvise with a baking tray and some peat moss. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm in kildare, but if you are willing to travel, I'll take her. But this evening is the only time I can, so you will have to get back to me as soon as you can.

BTW - completly understand, there is very little support for people who take in strays, cats or dogs. It would make you think twice about it, but you did the right thing.

I have 2 cats already, and the OH is complaining so if there is someone here who was looking for a kitten, feel free to step in and take her instead.

• Advertisement

Did you get sorted? Offer is still there if needed, yesterday was the only day I could have met you half way. You'd have to get her to Kildare, or close to Kildare.

Got as sorted as I can be till the spca collects it. Put it in the shed, only problem is the 2 dogs going nuts all the time now. But it is only for another day or 2. Thanks for the offer. But I promise that it is the last time I take in a stray. Prob not though lol
    Did you get sorted? Offeis is still there if needed, yesterday was the only day I could have met you half way. You'd have to get her to Kildare, or close to Kildare.

The lack of support for people who pick up animals is an awful problem, I never realised how much until recently. But don't let it put you off. You know that when kitty is gone you can (and should) pat yourself on the back for a job well done and a little life saved. :)

Now have mother and kitten in the back garden so can't let the dogs out. The dogs are being driven mad looking out at them, I was up all last night listening to the dogs trying to go through the back door. What a bloody mess, pain in the rear all round. But it is nice to see the kitten playing and looking content I suppose.
    The lack of support for people who pick up animals is an awful problem, I never realised how much until recently. But don't let it put you off. You know that when kitty is gone you can (and should) pat yourself on the back for a job well done and a little life saved. :)

Advertisement