Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i have dogs?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Ok, so the missus is hankering for a dog or dogs.
    I love dogs but feel it unfair and probably cruel to keep them with our circumstances.
    We both work. She goes at 7am back at 7pm
    I go at 8-8.30am home after 8pm
    5 days a week.

She is saying if we get a pair they will be happy in their own company, given shelter water and so on.

We live in a semi D, standard portion of garden

I would appreciate views on this?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

IMO you should not have a dog or dogs. You don't have time for them. When would they get walked? Before 7am and after 8pm? Winter and summer? You are right, it is unfair and would be cruel. Wait until your circumstances change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

:(

you and your missess work horribal hours, why not get that sorted instead of bringing someone else into that misery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have to agree, its no life for the dogs unless they have a huge back garden to roam around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

No, absolutely, categorically no.

You're gone for way too long, plus then there are other things on top of work to take care off, the dog would fall totally by the wayside.

I wouldn't advise on getting two either. There is always a 50/50 chance that you end up with two dogs that are bored to death and get up to all sorts while you're gone.

The size of the garden doesn't affect boredom or separation anxiety by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Have shown to the missus and has helped kill the idea.
    Thanks for all your input.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

you work mad hours! :O
    but yeah I don't think it would be suitable unless you could get your hours down to about 8 or 9 hours a day in which case the dogs wouldn't be left alone for longer than 4 hrs at a time. (you could get a dog walker in for an hour or so during the day)

Advertisement