Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Censorship?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

hey there,
    I got an infraction for a thread here in which I posted the link that my sig points to in the Humour Forum.

Biohazard politely issued me an infraction or it
    Dear ShoulderChip,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Breach of Forum Charter
    Dude, kids read the humour forum - that guts thread is a little ott tbh. There are other places more suitable

I know that we do not have the right to free speech in this country (right of expression only)
    and I know that we certainly can not have it on a site like this.
    I also know the headaches the admins have to deal with, for example with that event organiser crowd.

My understanding is that due to Irish law boards are considered publishers and responsible for the content which is nonsense in my opinion.

What I want to ask though is do boards users agree that posts should be censored for non legal reasons, as was the case with this artistic piece of work by the author of Fight Club.

I hope I am going about this the right way, and I don't want to start some ridiculous arguments here, so please read through this post, get what I am trying to say before posting.
    Post edited by Shield on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

moderated.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Kids and dildos and animals

no wait i think it was a carrot

and some Russians...

o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

ah for gods sake this is exactly what I didn't want to happen,
    why do ye always resort tho this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

imo it's too nasty for the humour forum, and I'm not even sure why it was posted there in the first place since it's not a humourous piece of writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

because that was a perfectly good waste of a potential carrot cake :mad:

seriously, wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Spankeh wrote: »
    Kids and dildos and animals

Oh my!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, I think its fine for the moderator to edit your piece. Please note, you are not "censored". You can post it on your own blog a hundred times if you like. But if you want to post in a community forum, you abide by the community's mores and respect the others in that community. Some of whom may not be adults. Its a give and take thing.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

DeVore wrote: »
    Yes, I think its fine for the moderator to edit your piece. Please note, you are not "censored". You can post it on your own blog a hundred times if you like. But if you want to post in a community forum, you abide by the community's mores and respect the others in that community. Some of whom may not be adults. Its a give and take thing.

DeV.

Ah yes I agree,
    you are dead right.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

oh. ok... I'll close this thread then.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,079 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

devoreintervention.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

What I want to ask though is do boards users agree that posts should be censored for non legal reasons, as was the case with this artistic piece of work by the author of Fight Club.
    I totally agree, but just don't forget to post your name and address so they'll know who to forward the soliticors letters on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

DeVore wrote: »
    oh. ok... I'll close this thread then.

DeV.

lol

surprised much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

sueme wrote: »
    lol

surprised much?

more like disappointed.

Advertisement