Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypotheticially, how would you vote again?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 12:08am

Now that the no vote has silenced, and you have been able to hear the yes vote, noticed this especially on Matt Cooper today, if you could do it all again, how would you vote? Now please, don't just run into it and click whatever, have a look around. Listen to both camps and then decide...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

cynical-ru wrote: »
    Now that the no vote has silenced, and you have been able to hear the yes vote, noticed this especially on Matt Cooper today, if you could do it all again, how would you vote? Now please, don't just run into it and click whatever, have a look around. Listen to both camps and then decide...

Of course, I'd vote no the second time, the third time...

If the government puts the same treaty to the people again, they are showing complete contempt for democracy. As a person from an FF background, I would strongly reconsider who I'd vote for in the next general election if the above came to fruition. Also, the government had better remember that there is a local election around the corner!

Regards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

there are only a tiny number of tru believers on the no side
    there was a deficency in the feel good factor of the yes side which wasnt matched by the fear tactics employed by the no side
    the no side succeeded in appealing to the undecideds( of whoom were the vast majority from the outset ) fears more than the yes side succeeded in appealing to peoples hopes

were an easy people to scare in this country , all the yes side has to do is to inject some of the feel good factor into there campaign and the result will be different , i dont believe for a 2nd that most people were idealogically opposed to the treaty , 1stly the irish are not an overly idealogical people ( we do after all relect fianna fail over and over again )and more importanlty, how can you be idealogically opposed to something you dont understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭O'Morris

cynical-ru wrote: »
    Now that the no vote has silenced, and you have been able to hear the yes vote, noticed this especially on Matt Cooper today, if you could do it all again, how would you vote?

It's not just hypothetical.

I will be voting no the second time.

Advertisement