Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no sound after xp reinstall

Options
  • 13-06-2008 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

Hi

ive reinstalled xp on my pc, it says there is no sound device detected, anyone know how to install sound drivers or even where to look for them in the CP and sounds and audio sub menu under the volume tag it says there is no audio devices present.

any help gratefully taken

Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mr.McMoobs

Your missing the sound driver. It is more than likely Realtek driver you need to download. There site seems to be down at the mo. You should be able to find the driver you need on there site, I remember having to do it awhile back after a reinstalation of XP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

Mr.McMoobs wrote: »
    Your missing the sound driver. It is more than likely Realtek driver you need to download. There site seems to be down at the mo. You should be able to find the driver you need on there site, I remember having to do it awhile back after a reinstalation of XP too.

thanks will try that as soon as i can access their site

try Driveragent.com

Allows you to do a free scan for missing drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

What brand/model is your PC ?

You'll probably find the audio drivers are hosted in more than one place.

If you can identify the brand/model ... or better yet the exact sound device, I bet the drivers are freely available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

i'm sorted now. got it through realtek sum link to their site i googled, cheers

• Advertisement

Sound :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

NoDrama wrote: »
    Lol. Have some thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

NoDrama wrote: »

I see what you did there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Anyone have a link to a download for a realtek driver? I'm missing mine too. Their site is still down. I can get it through other sites but they all charge about $30 for registration and I don't want to pay that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You should be able to locate it here at the official site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

This link is working, just checked it:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Click the "Accept" button and it will bring you to the download page, downloads are slow, but working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

note that you need to install the patch below from Microsoft so that Windows will detect the device.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111/en-us

Advertisement