Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a 3 sim card but have no recollection of number

Options
  • 13-06-2008 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I'm sure I saw something here before about this, but cant seem to find it
    I have a 3 sim card a long time that I never really used.
    Was going to try it now for mobile broadband on Pay as you go
    I cant remember the number though. Is there any simple way to get it?
    From memory I never registered the sim card, so they wont have any details for me on the system

Also, just thinking, do I actually even need the number or can I just buy credit, ring 444 or whatever number it is and add the top-up and then use it for internet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

well what i would do is call them up qouting the sim number on the card (long number should start with 89353 or something similar) and they could tell you the number, BUT it might be so long since its been used its now been recycled.
    the fact its not registered might cause you hassle too.

worth a try i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

some sim cards leave off the 89353 so it might start with 05

what i'd do is put the sim in a phone and call 333 to make sure it's still active, then top it up and buy the internet add on. that's all you'll need to do

and once you've topped it up, you can call a different phone to find out the number

i think my way is better because it doesn't involve calling the script monkeys :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    some sim cards leave off the 89353 so it might start with 05

what i'd do is put the sim in a phone and call 333 to make sure it's still active, then top it up and buy the internet add on. that's all you'll need to do

and once you've topped it up, you can call a different phone to find out the number

i think my way is better because it doesn't involve calling the script monkeys :D

Hell yes.

"Hi, I want to find out a telephone number on my sim card?"

"What are the registered details on the account?"

"It hasn't been registered"

"Ok, we need to know the last three people you have rang on the number"

"I don't know the number..."

And so on, and so forth.

Top it up OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Sam Vimes wrote: »

Honestly! I am not even going to go into my call last night to them!!

Dunno how many times I heard.............
    "Mr whisht....If you proceed to use profanities, I *will* have to disconnect your call"
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement