Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying AEGs Abroad

Options
  • 13-06-2008 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering what needs to be done to bring an AEG back from the US.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's a lot of hassle when you can just walk into a shop here and buy one to be honest.

Plus no blaze orange tip either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Its alot of hassle generally, sell it and buy local Id advise.

It all comes from asia so US prices are no lower than our own, bar the weak dollar.

To be honest, I don't know how you'd go about it, perhaps post it to yourself, they don't like replica assault rifles on planes id imagine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Sending it via USPS or any courier service is really your only choice, you could in theory put it in the baggage hold of the aircraft, but you'd likely have to declare it to the airline, it depends on the individual airline's policay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

twould want to be a mighty special aeg.
    I often thought about going on a parts raid to the u.k. though in my fits of impatience

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Motosam wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't know how you'd go about it, perhaps post it to yourself, they don't like replica assault rifles on planes id imagine :D
    kdouglas wrote: »
    Sending it via USPS or any courier service is really your only choice, you could in theory put it in the baggage hold of the aircraft, but you'd likely have to declare it to the airline, it depends on the individual airline's policay.

Most airlines will allow transport, but in lockable sturdy containers and with advance notice (which will cost you an additional administrative fee - probably between €15-25). Check the fine print conditions of whichever airline you're flying with for your answer. Then ring them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Keggers Senior

Thanks for the sound advise everybody. I can see what everybody means by hassle. Just that anything thats 300 euro say at home is 300 dollars here, which is petty good for high end aegs rather than the clones. Might consider shippin it to meself.

Oh and by the way the one i found was a star FNC, like my favourist gun ever!:D

Thanks again everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It is a cracking gun, I've been looking at them on Redwolf for a while but I reckon I'm gonna wait until they (or anyone) releases an AK5C variant of it. Or even a kit for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

Hi Lads,
    Getting aegs from hongkong or asia used to be the cheapest.like i got 2 TMs and loads of magazines from ehobby. 7aeg plus mags from rsov n gunners that include a 249. but just recently the new postal restriction of aeg upd the postal cost plus the import duty tax of orders higher than roughly 110 euro, youll end up better off with Shiva or BSFL.plus the warranty that these gentlemen offer.

Advertisement