Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what are you playing at the moment ?

Options
  • 13-06-2008 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

I don't think theres been one of these here in a little while so I though, why not ?

At the moment i'm gone back to playng Phantasy Star IV on the Gens (Sega).

This was one of my first introductions to the RPG genre and I promised myself that some day i'd come back and finish it.

Back in the day I was very close to beating it (Save before the final boss actually) who kept kicking my ass. My brother then lent the game to a friend of his and when we got it back I realised that his friend had deleted the save file. I hit the roof as you can imagine and since then i've never had the drive to get to that stage again.

It was a long enough game - a good 50 hours or so IIRC so we'l see how that goes.

I've just finished a 2 hour long grinding session to get through a bloody labyrinth to get to the next city at the moment.

So anyway, what have you been running recently ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

I'm running off a crappy old laptop at the minute, so my PC games are quite old-school ... Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Serious Sam.

Looking forward to Saturday night, when I will dust off the Dreamcast and play Soul Calibur with a few pals.
    We are going to find out who is the best SC player in the entire universe ... again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Playing Pang 3 atm. Never experienced it at the time but it's v enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

tes2 daggerfall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Started at mario kart and Bob on the snes recently. Cracking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Playing a bit of Wonderboy in Monsterland on the Megadrive and some Nanostray 2 on the Ds,but I'm finding the latter a bit too tough for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Splatterhouse 3, decent enough beat 'em up for the Genesis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

Retro-wise, I've mostly been playing
    Startropics(NES) Well, it's an above average Zelda imitator, but still quite inferior to the real thing. The dungeon bits are a fairly obtuse, and lack a map, which would really help, as a lot of the puzzles involve doing something unclear to open up a secret exit from the room, with an obvious one being a one-way trip back about a half-dozen screens. Still, I'm enjoying the challenge enough to keep it up for now.

Final Fantasy V Advance(GBA) Played the fan-translated SNES version, now I'm going through again on the enhanced GBA release. So far, the graphics and translation seem a bit better(characters have more of an individual 'voice'). It's harder than I remember, but it could just be down to more leveling or better job setups the first time. The plot has a fantastically urgent pace to it, and the huge and flexible Job system just begs to explored and exploited, even coming to it after the very similar Dragon Quest VI. I'm kind of happy to discover that this is still my second-favourite FF, after VI.

I'm also looking to give Gran Turismo 2 a go, as soon as I can get my newly-acquired PS2 set up, but in the meantime I really need to dig out a good shmup to balance all this thinky-stuff. Wizball or Gleylancer should do the trick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Radiant silvergun as always although not as much since the battery in my saturn died and have been too hungover on saturdays to get a new one.

Other than that it's the odd game of Smash TV and Robotron on xbox live. Still can't make it past level 9 on robotron.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've been tapping away at my Mame collection for the past couple of days. I'm playing every single game on just 1 credit starting from A all the way down to Z. I'm currently at Double Dragon, legend of a game with that oh-so-catchy theme music. It's quite fun, I've unexpectedly hammered some of my own high scores which I thought were impossible to repeat.

And when I'm not doing that I've gone back to playing Super Metroid (SNES) Such a quality game that I haven't played in years & years!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked up a Sega Megadrive classics pack for the PSP, brilliant stuff, over 20 games on there, perfectly emulated, and with that I'm playing Vectorman, Sonic 1 and Comix Zone.
    Elsewhere I'm playing WarioWare Twisted on the GBA Micro and looking forward to getting into Jet Set Radio Future again as I am awaiting it's delivery from eBay as we speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Playing Super Mario World on my newly purchased SNES, awaiting bunch of classics during the week from Ebay: StarFox, F Zero,Super Metroid & Mariokart are en route, its gonns be a fun summer holidays:cool:

SF 2 Turbo! classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 val deez

SF2 is an all time classic, but streets of rage 2 keeps me guled to my old 21" / and since MGS4 came out i've taken it upon myself to re-visit my PS1 all over again!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Im always playing Pac-Land! Still trying to 1 credit this game after god knows how many years....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

This week I has been mostly playing ... Breath of Fire 3

I promised myself i'd come back and finish this one when I was about 16. So close to the end now. Hoping to finish up on it this week.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Donkey Kong!

Star Fox on SNES(starwing also called), tis the shizzle for those 3D graphics, better then Starfox 64.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Khannie wrote: »
    Donkey Kong!
    Going for Billy Mitchell's record ? :p, playing Major Title on the Snes alot lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TrenbanePaul

ghosts n goblins. v hard game. has anyone finished it yet?

Advertisement